May 09, 2024, 05:15:12 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

zumo 595 and harley interface wiring

Started by moose, September 19, 2016, 05:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

in the harley accessories it has the wiring to have your zumo road tech work by direct wire to the radio

will that wiring work with the regular zumo   

Road Tech Navigation Interface Module
Part Number 76000024A
Moose aka Glenn-

biglew55

Quote from: moose on September 19, 2016, 05:58:33 AM
in the harley accessories it has the wiring to have your zumo road tech work by direct wire to the radio

will that wiring work with the regular zumo   

Road Tech Navigation Interface Module
Part Number 76000024A

I don't think this will do what you want with a normal zumo.  The Road Tech branded units transmit a tone before the instructions that the NIM (for pre-'14 bikes) or the Boom! (on properly programmed '14-up bikes) will recognize and switch audio sources momentarily.

On my pre-Rushmore bikes, I just plumbed the audio from the zumo to the HK head unit and loaded the zumo with mp3s.  With the new z590/595, you have even more audio options via Bluetooth, plumbed (3.5mm input), or loaded mp3s.  That might be your better option.
2020 FLHTK - 2018 BMW R1200 GSA - 1965 FLHFB
IBA #595

moose

just asking because the interface kit is already mounted it was for a 660 zumo  just thought I could rewire to make it work for this one
Moose aka Glenn-

Coyote

Wonder if you can just copy the HD Zumo files over to a non HD model while in mass memory mode and have the feature.  :nix:

biglew55

The wiring should still work to the aux-in on the front of the HK radio.  What won't do anything is the NIM that would switch modes to play the navigation commands regardless of what audio source you were using.

2020 FLHTK - 2018 BMW R1200 GSA - 1965 FLHFB
IBA #595

moose

It does work plugged into the aux plug but then I can't use the radio
Moose aka Glenn-