May 03, 2024, 03:44:39 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Street cannons on m8

Started by jazdad2007, September 20, 2016, 05:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Sunny Jim on November 19, 2016, 03:38:41 AM
I installed street canons  yesterday. They were provided as the only  alternative slip on available in the deal.
I hope they improve in Sound quality. Right now they sound like a fart in a can.
Not my style , sadly.
[/quote
Just ran across your post regarding your install of Street Cannons on your 2017 M8. Do yours make a splattering sound when you accelerate around 2500 rpm?
Mine sound like old glasspack mufflers.

Sunny Jim

My street canon mufflers have improved , but I am not in love with the sound. It's just not a twin cam.

Rokinrider

Jackpot M 8 mufflers from Fuelmoto went on my Roadie. Reasonable price, sound perfect, quiet at idle good bark going through the gears. Quality stuff from FM
Mclintock! swell party were the whiskey?

sfmichael

Quote from: stogieluvr60 on November 23, 2016, 12:52:48 PM
Quote from: Sunny Jim on November 19, 2016, 03:38:41 AM
I installed street canons  yesterday. They were provided as the only  alternative slip on available in the deal.
I hope they improve in Sound quality. Right now they sound like a fart in a can.
Not my style , sadly.
It seems the "completely different" street cannons aren't that different after all....not my style either but if they tune well, I'm sure they'll gain a following. Rule of thumb...if it says 80db on the effin' can...you can bet, that's what it will be...all OEM before them I mean. I'd wait too if it were me...but I'm not buying the first year of anybody's anything...history is useful...

I have the itch for a new bike but try my best to follow this rule... :up:
Colorado Springs, CO.

Sunny Jim

Tman performance has posted up on FB using the new Fullsac M8 pipe with their cam. I assume Steve will now release these new pipes.

HD/Wrench

Yes with a 120 inch engine modded heads .. 

Here is the Tman 238 cam with Cat mufflers SE head pipe CNC heads 64 T/B sure no where near those numbers .. So what is really going on ??  Sure seems to be sheets on the web promoting items that show great numbers  Customer get the part and now its not making anywhere near the "advertised power"  Not picking on any one company . Just what I am seeing. Customers bring the bike in for tune and not even close ..  But several might have made that power if I dont run the engine at normal temp ... and leave the timing jacked up .. But under normal temps the Free map's are pinging badly .. Hence the reason for the tune.. Once you get it to run on pump fuel with no ping your numbers are not what is being posted . Not that the power is super low just not what got  the sale in the first place .
:idunno:  What can you do tune it and what you get is what you get . The one below is a great running bike super smooth fun to ride . Customer a bit upset that it did not make the " numbers he was told "

Untitled by GMR Performance, on Flickr