May 09, 2024, 09:23:59 AM

News:

Hello from Wisconsin

Started by ridealive1911, September 27, 2016, 08:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridealive1911

I have been poking around here for a few weeks and really liked what I seen. Lots of good info on here. I ride a 06 FLHRCI currently. In the past I had a 98FXDWG, 01FLHRC and 2 FLTR's. Really missed my 01RK when I traded it for the 1st FLTR thought that would pass when I got the 11 FLTRU , both were great bikes but still loved that RK. The wife's bike is now the way she wants it and she's so happy that she said I can do whatever I want. So I sold the FLTRU and regressed backed to a 06 RK. I could have bought a new RK but I liked the old TC88. I know it's not the norm so call me crazy. I have upgraded  the cam chest and tossed the fuel pak for PV from Fuel Moto. Who knows, now that I got the wife's blessing I might make it into a 98 or a 103.
98, 48N , Hell Fire heads , Big Sucker, Jack Pot Super Duals, S&S Grand Nationals

packrat56

welcome from Oklahoma
       packrat
Now I know, why some animals eat their young.

SixShooter14

'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

Hossamania

Welcome to the site.
I really like my RoadKing too. Going 95" or 98" is always a nice upgrade. Cams and a good tune will make it run nicely. There will be one or two opinions on which cams to consider...
Good luck!
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Jamo11

Lots o' Cheeseheads around here 't seems. I'm in Twin Lakes.

I like my FLHR, too.

Hi!
The longest line has the most people in it.

Pete_Vit

Another welcome from Arkansas, you've come to the right place  :up:
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

ridealive1911

Quote from: Hossamania on September 28, 2016, 05:13:32 AM
Welcome to the site.
I really like my RoadKing too. Going 95" or 98" is always a nice upgrade. Cams and a good tune will make it run nicely. There will be one or two opinions on which cams to consider...
Good luck!

I just put in the 26N's and it did wake it up but the next step in head work and compression bump. What are the cam choices you mentioned? I am not closed to changing out the 26's. I heard the Woods 555-6r is a good all around and would like the bump and head flow.
98, 48N , Hell Fire heads , Big Sucker, Jack Pot Super Duals, S&S Grand Nationals

Hossamania

Talk to the person doing your heads. Be honest about what your goals are, low end, one up, two up, high horsepower, etc. They can recommend a cam and set the heads up for it.
26 is a good cam. If you like that power band, let your porter know, he'll set you up.
Really, if you post this question in General or twin cam, you will get some real good advice. There are also quite a few good head porters on this site. They will help you out.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

ridealive1911

Quote from: Hossamania on September 29, 2016, 03:31:05 PM
Talk to the person doing your heads. Be honest about what your goals are, low end, one up, two up, high horsepower, etc. They can recommend a cam and set the heads up for it.
26 is a good cam. If you like that power band, let your porter know, he'll set you up.
Really, if you post this question in General or twin cam, you will get some real good advice. There are also quite a few good head porters on this site. They will help you out.

Awesome I will post it there when I get into my slower time of year. Thanks for the advice, this is why I signed up here. :up:

Jako1

Nuff Said," Were Burnin Daylight, Lets Ride", {Sober 29 years}And Proud