April 30, 2024, 12:49:34 PM

News:

'98 Sportster w/ 1200 kit (Loud Knocking)

Started by HotfuzzMurphy, October 01, 2016, 09:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panzer

Yea gads.
If I'm reading his note pad right, there's .010 over pistons in 1200 cylinders and 883 heads?  :scratch:
Am I correct on that, or did I miss read?
I believe he said a low mileage 883 cylinder head......I don't understand that.  :nix:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

HotfuzzMurphy

Yes sir you read that correctly.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Panzer

:wtf: Good luck with the mismatched parts.
Let us know how it goes.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Jammer53

So let me get this straight. The guy you bought this bike from screwed up the motor, and sold it to you that way without saying anything about it.

That about sum it up?

If so, I'd hand him the bill for all repairs and if he doesn't pay it, take him to small claims court.  And an "as is" bill shouldn't exonerate him if he KNOWINGLY sold you a bad bike.

Jim

PS: I'm not now nor have I ever been a lawyer, nor did I ever play one on tv. 
The internet is full of Kowardly Keyboard Kommandos

HotfuzzMurphy

I hope he didn't know about all this.
But we are catching part of this hurricane so I haven't been able to do anything further on it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hossamania

Even if he did know about the mismatched parts, "as is" is just that. Buyer beware.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Tom Hockenberry

I don't get it, but a 1200 if you want a 1200. Give the 883 to the old lady, gears suck anyways.

xlfan

Quote from: Panzer on October 05, 2016, 07:04:55 PM
Yea gads.
If I'm reading his note pad right, there's .010 over pistons in 1200 cylinders and 883 heads?  :scratch:
Am I correct on that, or did I miss read?
I believe he said a low mileage 883 cylinder head......I don't understand that.  :nix:

I think the notepad from 2010 states that the original 883 rear head got damaged by detonation caused by the 1200 flat tops in and already done 883/1200 conversion, hence the new used 883 head, and this time with the correct dish top 883/1200 conversion pistons.