May 01, 2024, 03:17:25 AM

News:

The sun came out today

Started by 76shuvlinoff, April 18, 2009, 01:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

76shuvlinoff

April 18, 2009, 01:45:55 PM Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 01:51:16 PM by 76shuvlinoff
Dateline Michigan. It's been a damn long winter and for the last couple days it finally felt like spring. Tomorrow and most of next week will probably be another story but for now... it's great. I just got back from a ride, gonna grab a bite and head back out.  I picked up Fat Bob Twinkie in Feb and yeah I've been out stretching it's legs when I can... It's smoother and faster, handles like a dream but feels like a Honda.... today it's shovel time.
This morning I pealed the Big Bertha bags and the touring seat off, slapped on the bare bones seat and polished her up. This afternoon I've been out amongst the motorcycle enthusiasts with an ape hangered - Thunderheadered - low ridin - board draggin - no apologies givin,  shovel.    The new Dyna can get a nod but the heads will turn when red rolls by. Even had a hotdog vendor step off the sidewalk at a light with a thumbs up. Not everybody smiles but all the kids do.  Gotta love her, she's the baby.

Yep by God, the sun came out today.

:up:
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

vern

the weather has been great up here in the north west riding steady on my FXB. partys, a tattoo show and a swap meet.

bob_e95482

Yesterday was about 80 degrees here in NorCal. Putted around, changed the oil. E-start is not working, but I can usually start it with the first kick. Luckily it did so in front of the dealership with some RUBS watching(I was there to pick up an oil filter). I've got a hot date for today, gonna go out for the first long ride since the rebuild. The Progressive Suspension 440's are way better than the 412's. The RT 5in4 shifts like a dream. The Thunderheader is loud, with a little different sound. Best of all, the bike is oil tight.

pappyfreebird

sounds groovy sns,,,bout same here...ceptin my new is 15 yr ol evil ultra,,n yeup it sits,,,shes real purty too has evo chrome trinkit hd makes,,,but park it wid the rest n cant find it,,,still shovelin is best

catmcaw

Mark
It ain't like you to run out and buy a new bike. What brought all that on?

76shuvlinoff

April 19, 2009, 10:47:28 AM #5 Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 02:40:38 PM by 76shuvlinoff
Quote from: catmcaw on April 19, 2009, 09:46:25 AM
Mark
It ain't like you to run out and buy a new bike. What brought all that on?

It was  A L M O S T an impulse buy but I've been torturing my wife with that empty threat for years and she finally called my bluff.   :embarrassed: Up until now the newest bike, American or Metric I ever rode was a loaner 95 RK unless you count a couple hard runs on an  06 Yamaha R1 that scared the sh*t outta me LOL!
I collected parts for a shovel project for a couple years but came to the realization it would be another couple years before I could devote any honest time to it so I sold off most of the pile. Got a stack of non bike "projects" on my plate to keep me busy for a while.

All in all, not a bad problem to have.  :wink:

Mark
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

catmcaw

Mark
  Its been a while since I have been in a dealership and had no idea what an FXDF looked like so Googled and found a picture.  Nice bike, I wouldn't do a thing to it except basic maintenance.