May 08, 2024, 10:38:10 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Started by Hazzardousmat, October 13, 2016, 07:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazzardousmat

Hi all, my name is Rob. I was referred here by GeorgeW. (Thanks George  :bike:) I'm a retired trucker living on Social Security with my Wife and Autistic Son. I have had a few different motorcycles over the last 5 years. I now ride a 2013 Ultra Limited, "The Mad Hornet". I named it as such because its black and yellow pearl. At this time it only has a stage one intake, otherwise its stock. I'll share some pics of it later.
Let me just say that I don't know allot about motorcycles. I'm just not tech savvy, but I'm learning. I wanted to go to MMI to learn how to work on and repair motorcycles. I did not however, want to move to Chicage or Florida to do it. I can do the basics such as servicing and minor repair. I just have no clue if I need to tear into the motor.
CR570 cams, fullsac mufflers and boyesen intake

SixShooter14

Howdy Rob, welcome from Arkansas.

If you're wanting to learn, this is the place. Start reading in the Tech forums and if you have a question, just ask.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

HoldFast

Hi Rob, I just joined a couple of weeks back myself.  Great site.  I've learned a lot.  I can't tell you how many times I've used the search feature.

Pete_Vit

another welcome from Central Arkansas  :up:
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

Hazzardousmat

Thank you. I do want to learn more. I might have what seems to be stupid questions, but I am of the thought that the only stupid question is the one that is not asked.
I said I'd post some pics. (Everyone loves pics right)?

SixShooter14

Purdy....

There's nothing wrong with silly questions... I've got plenty. And I agree about the ones not asked.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

Panzer

Nice ride Hazzard.
Do the yellow jackets on the road think you're the big Kahuna and leave you alone?
Welcome to HTT.
No such thing as stupid questions.............just ask away brother.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Pete_Vit

Nice ride  :up:
I ask some questions I figure I'd get flamed about, simple,  but I'm still learning also. don't be shy here, just ask, tons for fine folks, great knowledge  :hug:
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

ridealive1911

Welcome from WI . I can't even count how many things I've learned on here.
98, 48N , Hell Fire heads , Big Sucker, Jack Pot Super Duals, S&S Grand Nationals

Hazzardousmat

Quote from: Panzer on October 13, 2016, 09:12:41 AM
Nice ride Hazzard.
Do the yellow jackets on the road think you're the big Kahuna and leave you alone?
Welcome to HTT.
No such thing as stupid questions.............just ask away brother.

I wish lol. Thank you all for the warm welcomes

HoldFast

Beautiful bike.  2013 was a great year for Electra Glides!