May 04, 2024, 08:29:04 PM

News:

milwaukee eight

Started by happyman, October 25, 2016, 10:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

happyman

anyone know or have an educated guess on what a person would gain going from this new SE tuner, to the TTS?
this would be on the 114"  CVO. The 114 state II power  looks yo be just over 100 hp.  peak tq, at about110 both dropping off but tq takes a quick dive. 
the stage III 114"  peaks at close to 109 hp. looks like 116 tq.  using the same  setup just changing the tuner what would a person realistically expect for a gain?  using the TTS?   maybe no one has got around to doing this quite yet huh.

Thanks .

rigidthumper

114 stage 3 Kits done at Faribault HD yielded 120 TQ/ 114HP with SEAC, stock headpipe, SE mufflers and TTS.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

glens

Not to mention that TTS handles some operating schemes differently than stock (eitms, fan  operation/setpoints, etc.) for an arguable improvement, too.

HV

Not going to comment on a TTS ..BUT as for the new SE Tuner ..I wouldn't put that on anything ...its a POS ...
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

Hossamania

Quote from: HV on October 26, 2016, 08:16:02 AM
Not going to comment on a TTS ..BUT as for the new SE Tuner ..I wouldn't put that on anything ...its a POS ...

And yet, they will sell thousands to the uninformed.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

rbabos

Quote from: Hossamania on October 26, 2016, 08:40:06 AM

True, but dealer will only sell what MoCo approves of or techs are trained in. To most of them, nothing else exists. :sick:
Ron

BUBBIE

Compair their SE tuner to their "C" Lifters STILL used in our new HD's....

Do they Care  :scratch: or DO You Care...

signed....BUBBIE
Quite Often I am Right, so Forgive me when I'm WRONG !!!

glens

Quote from: rbabos on October 26, 2016, 09:35:37 AM

True, but dealer will only sell what MoCo approves of or techs are trained in. To most of them, nothing else exists. :sick:
Ron

Then there's always the Consent Decree which forbids HD from honoring any powertrain warranty on a bike that's been tuned with anything other than their Street Tuner.

Templer

Informed minds should realize that "POS" stands for Point Of Sale. $$$$$$$$$$$$.

happyman

Quote from: rigidthumper on October 25, 2016, 11:05:57 AM
114 stage 3 Kits done at Faribault HD yielded 120 TQ/ 114HP with SEAC, stock headpipe, SE mufflers and TTS.

your referring to the 114" to the 117" CVO  as I am which is the stage  III? Just to clarify
Thanks

hattitude

Quote from: glens on October 26, 2016, 03:18:21 PM
Quote from: rbabos on October 26, 2016, 09:35:37 AM

Ron

Then there's always the Consent Decree which forbids HD from honoring any powertrain warranty on a bike that's been tuned with anything other than their Street Tuner.

I read the decree about 3 weeks ago, as I remember.... it doesn't say it has to be tuned with the HD Street Tuner. It says EPA approved tune....

Currently HD Street Tuner is the only EPA approved option, but others may follow....

ultraswede

Wouldn't it be hilarious if some aftermarket company developed an EPA legal kit that way outperformed HDs stage kits..` :hyst:

rigidthumper

Quote from: happyman on October 27, 2016, 07:47:42 AM
Quote from: rigidthumper on October 25, 2016, 11:05:57 AM

your referring to the 114" to the 117" CVO  as I am which is the stage  III? Just to clarify
Thanks
No, I refered to the 107-114 stage 3 kit. Haven't seen CVO upgrades done yet.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

hattitude

Quote from: ultraswede on October 27, 2016, 12:18:02 PM
Wouldn't it be hilarious if some aftermarket company developed an EPA legal kit that way outperformed HDs stage kits..` :hyst:

I wouldn't be surprised at all..... seems to be the direction that engine modifications are going... it IS possible....

Look at some of the cars available today.... new Z06, hellcat this, SS that... all CARB/EPA compliant.... and all very, very fast...!!

Case in point;

About 10 years ago, I was looking for a supercharger for my '04 Corvette Z06. Everybody on all the forums were saying "to hell with CARB, just go long tube headers & the (name your favorite supercharger here) supercharger or you won't get maximum performance...."

Having  been tagged by CARB (California Air Resources Board) on a custom build many years ago, I decided I wanted everything to be CARB compliant. I didn't want the hassle. I found CARB compliant parts- shorty headers and a positive displacement blower. It was hard to find someone who made CARB compliant parts (several have followed suit since then) but the results were excellent.

I'm sure I could have gotten more with non CARB compliant parts, but I had 540HP to the rear wheels of an '04 Z06--- that car was stupid fast!!!

I was legal, and very happy....!