May 02, 2024, 01:37:44 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Plug Wires

Started by Harpo, October 27, 2016, 10:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harpo

Hey all - recently built a '68 and to get'er goin' I stole the plug wires off the '49.  Finally getting around to (trying to) order some replacements for the '49 and it seems that plain ol' black solid wire core wires are getting hard to find?  Suppression style wires don't work the best on points ignitions, and I don't want any of the florescent green/yellow/pink novelty crap - just want plain old black 90 degree boot.  I can find some wire/ends/boots to make up my own but if I can help it I'd rather get the already made up variety.  What do you guys do/buy?  Thanks.

packrat56

The local farm stores might have some  :nix:
Now I know, why some animals eat their young.

Pete_Vit

October 27, 2016, 11:30:12 AM #2 Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 11:32:23 AM by Pete_Vit
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

packrat56

Quote from: Pete_Vit on October 27, 2016, 11:30:12 AM
my Indy sells some make your own kits, both style boots - I think some online vendors do also
http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-electronic-ignition-parts-dynatek-7mm-spark-plug-wires-618-784.html

The local O-Reilly's has 90* and coil ends, wire by the foot, about 4 different kinds   
Now I know, why some animals eat their young.

Pete_Vit

Quote from: packrat56 on October 27, 2016, 11:39:04 AM
Quote from: Pete_Vit on October 27, 2016, 11:30:12 AM
my Indy sells some make your own kits, both style boots - I think some online vendors do also
http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-electronic-ignition-parts-dynatek-7mm-spark-plug-wires-618-784.html

The local O-Reilly's has 90* and coil ends, wire by the foot, about 4 different kinds
I forgot about them  :up:
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

JC 92FXRS

Maybe give Magnecor a call...their 6mm black wires are very good (especially the coil/plug connectors). Can build anything you want. Ordered a set some time ago to Canada, very reasonable...probably even better south of the 49th.
Just a suggestion.
Cheers, jeff
"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence"

HogMike

You can still get Packard 440 wire solid copper core with whatever boots you need
Google is your friend
:missed:
HOGMIKE
SoCal