May 01, 2024, 11:50:33 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

OK, so why

Started by FSG, October 28, 2016, 11:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSG

this engine was open for display purposes so WHY have they blocked 4 of the cam cover mount holes with what looks to be shortened bolts that have been slotted for a screwdriver.

Do you think it's because the top two go straight into the void near the lifters and the lower two go straight thru into the crank cavity?

And that exhaust bracket mounting stud, what's the bet it's the same as the exhaust studs in the heads.

1FSTRK

If they use the cover bolts as oil passage plugs on the finished engine that is a poor design, just a matter of time before they will leak.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

Ohio HD

Doesn't make sense.   :scratch:

This cut away pic shows all of the cam cover fasteners in use. As stated, it would be nuts to use them as an oil galley seal.

[attach=0]

packrat56

I was at the nhra fall nationals Harley display  and looked at a cut away engine like that, it had a lot of rust on it. You
would think hd would clear coat or wipe a little oil on it.
  They had good looking models that could cleaning, not just prancing around.     
Now I know, why some animals eat their young.

BUBBIE

? keep the Inner thru holes Clean of  contamination for the display... Hoping some one doesn't run them all the way through Dropping Inside and need the motor to come apart if they don't Dead End... :hyst: :kick:

signed....BUBBIE

Quite Often I am Right, so Forgive me when I'm WRONG !!!