May 01, 2024, 02:50:02 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

AFF and CLI

Started by 07heri, October 29, 2016, 12:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

07heri

I want to understand what these are telling me about the VE's.

CLI% on the PV says 102%.  Is that telling me that the integrators are adding fuel or is it telling me that the VE is too high?

AFF says 107% at the same time. 

Basically what I'm asking is are the %'s telling me that my VE's are too low.  A positive number means that the short term trims are adding fuel and that the AFF is adding fuel to remember on a long term basis?

The 2nd question concerns AFF.  After a couple tanks of gas will this number come down closer to 100%? 

2016 Heritage
Stage 1

Coyote

AFF or CLI are telling you the correction that is being made. So 102% means the ecm is adding 2% more fuel than the VE table is calling for.

A number over 100 is adding fuel, lower than 100 is removing fuel.

Quote from: 07heri on October 29, 2016, 12:09:10 PM

The 2nd question concerns AFF.  After a couple tanks of gas will this number come down closer to 100%? 

AFF values will be whatever is needed to keep the CLIs close to 100.   CLI is a faster, short term fuel correction.  AFF is a remembered, slower moving, long term correction.  Aff is done in larger blocks, not just one cell at a time.

rigidthumper

Remember the system consistently drives the AFR lean or rich and then checks the 02s to verify the system followed commands, so tiny deviations in the integrators is normal and common. 
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?