May 04, 2024, 06:48:40 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Rubber Mount Changes?

Started by leafman60, October 31, 2016, 05:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leafman60

Anybody have any info on any changes made to the rubber drivetrain mounts on the new H-D's? 

These cause many handling problems for performance riding.  With a more balanced engine, I am wondering if H-D has eliminated or changed this system that dates back to the FXR/FLT days.

leafman60

I was at a dealer yesterday and got down on the floor trying to see the rubber mount system without success.  Nobody knows much.  One salesman said that his understanding is that they still have rubber mounts but they are different from the Twin Cam(TC) setup.

When you look closely at this new engine, there are many changes.  Retrofitting anything back to the TC series will be difficult.

Boy, they've got the primary system narrowed up significantly.

14GuineaPig

It looks like most of the parts for the rear frame/swingarm are from earlier models.  The front engine mounts are a new number.

mp

It's astounding to me that sales people on the floor have so little knowledge about the bikes they sell.  If they'd made any major changes to the frame, that would be big news, just like the engine is big news.
As far as retro-fitting anything from the TC to the M8, why would anyone want to?  The reason for the redesign is to get rid of all the things that were bad about the TC.
And what makes you think the new touring bikes handle badly, anyway?

hd06

If its not broke don't fix it.      :slap: