NEWBIE from Virginia Beach,VA

Started by Anthony C, November 18, 2016, 11:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony C

Newbie from Virginia Beach, VA.   I'm new to Virgina as well.  Moved here from South Central PA a year ago September.   Bought my first Harley Davidson last September as well.   I really like it, I also ride ATV's and have been for over 30 years.    Been riding motorcycles for over 40 years on and off.    I'm about to replace the final drive main bearing in the transmission.   Been reading about the problems.  I believe between the bearing and the automatic primary chain adjuster is why the bearings are failing.  Glad to be with Harley Davidson tech talk.  I hope I can help, and I'm sure I'll learn as well.  Thanks for having me, it's a shame we have to pay for the engineers failures. 

Anthony C
2009 HD Street Glide
"TAKE IT EASY WHILE YOU'RE GOING FAST!"

SixShooter14

Howdy welcome to HTT.

The tech forums here are full of useful information and knowledgeable posters. If you can't find an answer, just ask.

Oh yeah, what kind of Harley did you buy?
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

semberrg

I'm new to riding in general but also live in Hampton roads area.

Anthony C

Hi guys! Pleased to make your acquaintance.

Cool Hampton Roads I think is about an hour away.  I bought a 2009 Street Glide, it had 9,000 miles on it.  It now has around 14,000 miles on it.   It's sad with such low mileage to have transmission problems.   The last shop I had it at for State inspection, put a front tire on, rear brakes, and an air filter.   This shop made the drive belt so tight, it didn't even move at 10 lbs. of pressure with my belt gauge!  I didn't know it until a month ago.  it is what it is.   I worked on the big trucks for 25 years, then started working on refrigerated trailer units for another 11 years.   I managed to get a federal job 8 years ago doing HVAC/R and loving life until I can retire.  I'm working for the Dept. of The Navy, I thank the Lord every day. 

Hope to hear from you guys again, you can PM me anytime.  Have a great weekend,

Anthony C
2009 HD Street Glide

Pete_Vit

93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

harleytuner

Welcome from Fredericksburg.  I have quit a few customers from your area. 

Anthony C

Thank you harleytuner.  Thank you Pete.  This seems like a great site for a gear head just like myself.  New to Harley Davidson motorcycles, and it looks like I'm doing what I never wanted to do.  Buy a Harley, because I didn't want to always work on it.  Harley has come a long way since the 70's  I do like my ride!  I always loved the looks of the HD motorcycles, so did all the Japanese motorcycle makers.   Lets face it! Now I'm riding the real thing! This is the largest motorcycle I've ever owned.  I love the cruise control, the stereo, and the feel going down the road.  I got on it one Sunday morning right after Church last Spring. Took Rt.17 down to NC Rt. 64. to the outer banks, and back to Chesapeake, VA  217 miles, one stop for gas!  I enjoyed myself very much.

Anthony C
2009 HD Street Glide

Hossamania

Long rides that seem to pleasantly go just a little longer than planned is pretty common on these Harleys!
Welcome to the site, glad you are enjoying the new bike.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Pete_Vit

Quote from: Anthony C on November 18, 2016, 09:55:58 PM
Thank you harleytuner.  Thank you Pete.  This seems like a great site for a gear head just like myself.  New to Harley Davidson motorcycles, and it looks like I'm doing what I never wanted to do.  Buy a Harley, because I didn't want to always work on it.  Harley has come a long way since the 70's  I do like my ride!  I always loved the looks of the HD motorcycles, so did all the Japanese motorcycle makers.   Lets face it! Now I'm riding the real thing! This is the largest motorcycle I've ever owned.  I love the cruise control, the stereo, and the feel going down the road.  I got on it one Sunday morning right after Church last Spring. Took Rt.17 down to NC Rt. 64. to the outer banks, and back to Chesapeake, VA  217 miles, one stop for gas!  I enjoyed myself very much.

Anthony C
nice !  :up: when I lived back east I loved Rt. 13 over/under the Chesapeake Bay Bridge tunnel to Rt.17 to Myrtle Beach -
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

fuct44

Welcome from another PA transplant to Virginia, came here from Western PA in early 2000's, up in Fauquier County now. Good luck, you'll learn plenty here.
Huh?

ridealive1911

Welcome from WI. This is the best place to get a straight answer on questions.
98, 48N , Hell Fire heads , Big Sucker, Jack Pot Super Duals, S&S Grand Nationals

taz95dog

welcome to HTT, this is a great site . I'm from va bch.  check out boneshaker's down at the beach. nice tavern. they have a m/c club there, mainly Harleys. enjoy your Thanksgiving day...bill...p/s lee is the president of the club.   :beer:
home town va.bch., va. usn '68-'72

semberrg

What are some good long haul rides in the area minimizing time on the interstate. I want to enjoy the scenery.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

taz95dog

the roads leading to nags head are good.(busy in season on weekends) also in Chesapeake lots of country roads in blackwater. talk to some of the guys at boneshakers salon.
home town va.bch., va. usn '68-'72