Thank You and Hello from Ohio

Started by Carpenter Sport O, November 23, 2016, 07:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carpenter Sport O

Thank You, My name is Mike and I have been riding for over twenty years. the summer of 2016 I bought a used 05 XL1200C CV bike . I would like to go bigger But alas I have very bad knees (that give out with no warning) and a bad Lower Back so after a few hundred miles i walk like Frankenstein.

SixShooter14

November 23, 2016, 08:09:55 AM #1 Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 09:18:46 AM by SixShooter14
Howdy, welcome from Arkansas.

I too have a bad knee and lower back. I get the tingles from the waist down after 10 miles of riding. Makes things uncomfy. I guess it's just what it is. Different seats, pegs, and bars could possibly help if you can find a way test them out first.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

Pete_Vit

Another welcome from Arkansas, I have back issues also, only gets better when I ride  :teeth:
enjoy your stay, lots of great folks and opinions on how to make that ride more comfortable.
one that comes to mind with knee issues is mid mounts and forward controls so you have the best of both riding positions. 
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

Carpenter Sport O

I have a sun downer seat on my sproty and forward controls which seam to help the straight leg shuffle on long rides and the contour of the seat push the cushion from the four inch shock travel.