May 01, 2024, 05:47:53 AM

News:

CCA's

Started by brubinfxr, April 20, 2009, 10:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brubinfxr

looking at a new battery - may just go to the local NAPA store.  Cold Cranking Amps - some of the batteries I have looked at say 270 cca - others say 240.  Does that difference of 30 make a difference?  Engine is stock

thanks
brubin
82 FXR
brubin
82FXR

76shuvlinoff

April 20, 2009, 10:05:36 AM #1 Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 10:12:41 AM by 76shuvlinoff
I go to Napa for my FLH battery, it's just a old school lead acid battery. The difference is it says Balkamp on it instead of H-D. I don't remember the CCA valve but with good cables and clean connections it grunts then spins my 93"er fine.

Mark
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

gryphon

The more the better of course but, if your bike starts easy it shouldn't be a big deal. Every day I start a 97ci motor with 210lbs comp in each cylinder using a battery with 210 CCA's. Battery is now 5 years old and will be replaced this year.

gryphon

By the way, there's a company called Braille that makes some pretty incredible batteries. I just don't know if I'm willing to plunk down $150 for a battery.

brubinfxr

went to NAPA - the battery they have that says it fits my application is too tall.  Looks like I have to hit up the dealership.  Guy behind the counter says that certain battery applications for Harley don't fit right even though they cross reference as the right model.  Anyone else run into this? 
thanks
brubin
82FXR