May 08, 2024, 10:32:04 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

107 map mva heads

Started by springs, December 01, 2016, 02:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

springs

Need map for 2012 road king 107 mva heads 10.8 comp 58mm Tb 5.3 injectors tman 590 cams freedom union 2-1 pipe  thanks

Durwood

Are you planning to V-Tune this build? If not, haul it to your tuner and let him break it in and tune it on the dyno.

springs

Durwood

No way I would try to tune that build on the street, find you a professional tuner that uses TTS and get it done right. JMO

HD/Wrench

there is no base map to start with . pick a 103 stage 4 map style map and go from there. and even then the MVA heads and freedom pipes are not mainstream .. If you are going to do it yourself I would be VERY careful tuning. and do it in very small sections. keep KPA load low for the first runs and go slow . good luck .

Second the "take it to a tuner"

N-gin

I've thought about that combo. Let me know how it runs.
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

GunShyKennedy

Quote from: springs on December 01, 2016, 02:56:02 AM
Need map for 2012 road king 107 mva heads 10.8 comp 58mm Tb 5.3 injectors tman 590 cams freedom union 2-1 pipe  thanks

How did you go with it, an update perhaps?
The pipe is the interesting part of the mix for me. I'm running similar Freedom, 2-1, outlaw high.
cheers,
richo

GunShyKennedy

And he was met head on with a steady and stony silence.

Some of us live with no access to competent dyno tuners with latest equipment and rely on
what is shared here to build our own engines and databases.
I hope the OP received assistance from someone here.
cheers,
richo

N-gin

Quote from: GunShyKennedy on December 24, 2016, 10:48:38 PM

Some of us live with no access to competent dyno tuners with latest equipment and rely on

I do hope so also.
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

m1marty

OFFO

harleytuner

Quote from: GunShyKennedy on December 24, 2016, 10:48:38 PM

IMO the tune should be figured out in the planning stages of the build not as an after thought. 

OP. I might have something for you to try but I'm traveling and won't be back to the shop until Wednesday.   If you still need something let me know

springs

I had problems trying to tune had to use a smaller baffle.  after baffle change  tune was no problem        thanks to Steve a Gmr for his help he is a very nice guy.

98fxstc

Quote from: springs on December 28, 2016, 10:05:45 AM
I had problems trying to tune had to use a smaller baffle.  after baffle change  tune was no problem        thanks to Steve a Gmr for his help he is a very nice guy.
:up: :up:
Good onya Steve