May 01, 2024, 05:13:05 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

electric start open primary question

Started by WVdollar1, April 20, 2009, 05:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WVdollar1

I am back from being laid off and im making money again so its time to start buying new bike stuff, i am open to some opinions and ideas here, my overall goal is i want to be using a new style hi-torque starter to crank over my high compression 93"er  sooo... what is the most economical and inexpensive route, i have an evo closed primary and clutch laying around so do i get a six speed ultima for $650 + a $50 gear and a $150 starter and make it fit? or do I get an open primary for the 4 speed for X amount of dollars +$150 starter and have it all pretty much just bolt in pretty? i only ride around here locally on the old rigid so highway cruising just doesnt happen. ive seen some pretty nice sanitary opens with electric who makes em and how much? all ideas/info/opinions appreciated!!

Dollar

randallwhitman

Quote from: WVdollar1 on April 20, 2009, 05:15:33 PM
I am back from being laid off and im making money again so its time to start buying new bike stuff, i am open to some opinions and ideas here, my overall goal is i want to be using a new style hi-torque starter to crank over my high compression 93"er  sooo... what is the most economical and inexpensive route, i have an evo closed primary and clutch laying around so do i get a six speed ultima for $650 + a $50 gear and a $150 starter and make it fit? or do I get an open primary for the 4 speed for X amount of dollars +$150 starter and have it all pretty much just bolt in pretty? i only ride around here locally on the old rigid so highway cruising just doesnt happen. ive seen some pretty nice sanitary opens with electric who makes em and how much? all ideas/info/opinions appreciated!!

Dollar

BDL, Rivera/Primo, Karata, Supermax, Ultima (?), Tech Cycle, etc.  The options are many.  If it's a bar hopper, stick with the four speed and just add a simple open primary with the modern starter gear.  Only the early, four speed Evo primaries will fit your tapered shaft tranny, I think.  Six speeds are the tits on the highway.
Freedom Behind Bars
103" Shovel
103" '07 FLHX