April 28, 2024, 01:41:22 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

cast welding

Started by poorbiker, April 20, 2009, 06:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poorbiker

It seems Creekside is no longer taking on work. Talked to them today and no go.There is supposed to be a guy in Ohio and a really good repair guy in LA, called Max welding, but I cant find either. Havent given up on my cracked head. Front, from exhaust port lip to exhaust guide, but no further. Anyone know of some one good.? Hate to give up on head, and really hate to since I dont have a replacement. thnx..........
"Effort takes no talent"

Robin

Give Bruce Silkey in Lawrence Kansas a call, I have seen some of his work, welding cases that have pieces missing.  After he's done, you cant find the welds!!!  Tell him Robin sent ya!!
785-887-6626

drinner-okc

I emailed Tom Shaw to see if he was turning away jobs. Here is his reply:

Dwight;

News to me, not true, I'm still melting 'em back together...
Could be from a couple of prospects that did not agree with my diagnosis, or the probable cost, you know how it goes.
Well, I've got to get back to some 38 Knuckle cases that look like they've been under salt water the past 71 years.
Thanks for the thought.

Tom Shaw
www.creeksidemc.com

This is good news to me. There are a lot of quality craftsmen getting too old to continue. To all of you:
Please find a protege and teach them your skills.
drinner-okc

iiggii

Give arno a call of arnos custom machining and welding ,knows his stuff .you can tell him jeff sent you. 301-779-0438.  regards jeff.

poorbiker

Not true what Tom said, I talked to him at length by phone, he indicated that he was working alone now and didnt want to take on any more work, where cast repair was concerned, he redirected me to a guy in Ohio. I dont know why he would have said it if it wasnt true. I had no problem with cost cause a price never came up. We had a good conversation about Knuckles and such??????
"Effort takes no talent"

poorbiker

Cast iron repair..........
"Effort takes no talent"

poorbiker

Found a local guy, up out of Clear Lake here in Cal. Rick at Classic antique cast repair. Very good job and quick.
Anyone interested number is, 707 278 0223, I think he used to be out of Hayward, assosiated with Hannons Machine shop.
"Effort takes no talent"

Don D

Very good
Don't let the name skew you
Aluminum head welders
Auburn, WA