May 01, 2024, 07:44:25 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TTS100-M8 cam

Started by harleytuner, December 23, 2016, 03:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harleytuner

Here is the new TTS100-M8 cam results. The chart is a Stock 2017 107 Road King with 4.5" Street Cannon mufflers #64900552 and a SE high Flow Air Cleaner  #29400246. STOCK head pipe with cat!

Then with the SE8-447 cam
Then with TTS100-M8 cam

Runs are 5th gear and start below 2k.  This cam is going to go to ARB for testing but currently they are off road use only.

1FSTRK

Great work and info, thanks for posting it here.
How did it tune compared to tuning the SE cam?

Just curious, would you post the gear ratio graph for those three runs?
Thanks again.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

harleytuner

1FSTRK

"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

sfmichael

great info and nice results  :up:
Colorado Springs, CO.

Admiral Akbar

Don't look like a low end torque cam to me..

harleytuner

It's making 100trq at 2300RPM.  Looks good to me.  Perhaps your not used to seeing runs started under 1500.

DTTJGlide

I'm thinking he's talking about the SE "Torque" cam since it makes less down low than the stock cam. What's up with that :wtf:

bluerim

Now we are getting close to what I have been waiting for.   One last comparison with cams.  I have a 2017 Triglide that's getting upgraded when the final tests are in that interest me.   I already know what the dyno results are for woods 222 cams and no cats is. I now see what the  T100 cam dyno looks like now with cats :baby:. Now all I need is to see the same test for T100 with no cats.  I believe that will be awesome for the heavy M8 trikes.
I can't find the right icon so I am wringing my hands in anticipation.

harleytuner

Quote from: bluerim on December 24, 2016, 05:51:03 PM
Now we are getting close to what I have been waiting for.   One last comparison with cams.  I have a 2017 Triglide that's getting upgraded when the final tests are in that interest me.   I already know what the dyno results are for woods 222 cams and no cats is. I now see what the  T100 cam dyno looks like now with cats :baby:. Now all I need is to see the same test for T100 with no cats.  I believe that will be awesome for the heavy M8 trikes.
I can't find the right icon so I am wringing my hands in anticipation.

Future pipe testing will be coming as well as testing it in the big bore kits. I believe the main focus will be on EPA compliant parts as that is what the demand is, at least the main demand. This cam should be in production and hopefully released around the end of February. I know TTS is working n getting it ARB and EPA certified and some tunes,as well but that all takes time. I'm not sure what your timeframe is on your trike upgrade or if staying compliant is an issue for you. 

bluerim

I put on SE stage 1 right now but its not enough for me.  I'm hoping a different cam and catless headpipes will do it for me next spring.   If not then I will wait until they have a 114 kit for trikes.  The 114 kit they have now is too high a cr . I think 11:1 is too much for a trike. Especially pulling a camper trailer.

Buglet

Harleytuner was that tune with an EPA tune.

harleytuner

Quote from: BUGLET on December 26, 2016, 06:26:57 AM

Tunes are TTS.

Eccool

Quote from: harleytuner on December 26, 2016, 07:34:04 AM

Tunes are TTS.
Not trying to be funny here, just trying to understand.  So it's an EPA cam with a non EPA tune?  What's the point of that?  Again, not trying to give anyone a hard time, just trying to understand.

harleytuner

Quote from: Eccool on December 26, 2016, 11:26:25 AM
Quote from: harleytuner on December 26, 2016, 07:34:04 AM

Tunes are TTS.
Not trying to be funny here, just trying to understand.  So it's an EPA cam with a non EPA tune?  What's the point of that?  Again, not trying to give anyone a hard time, just trying to understand.

The TTS cam is going in for ARB and EPA testing and will hopefully get certified. TTS is working on compliant tunes as well.  When testing it's best to just change 1 part at a time.  If we would compare the SE cam tuned with the SERT and a compliant tune. The compared it to the TTS cam tuned with the TTS it wouldn't give us a clear picture on the gains from the cam. 

NHBagger

Quote from: bluerim on December 24, 2016, 07:56:16 PM
I put on SE stage 1 right now but its not enough for me.  I'm hoping a different cam and catless headpipes will do it for me next spring.   If not then I will wait until they have a 114 kit for trikes.  The 114 kit they have now is too high a cr . I think 11:1 is too much for a trike. Especially pulling a camper trailer.

bluerim, be careful about using 2 wheel dyno runs for trike info.  From what I have seen in the past for 103s, a torque of 110 would be more like 103 on a Tri due to the drive train losses.

Deye76

"It's making 100trq at 2300RPM. "

:up: Lot of owners will like that.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

rigidthumper

One of the things that make Steve's cams "feel" so good, is the "better than stock everywhere" approach he takes to design. A lot of us like the smoothness of the stocker, but want more- and the 100 cams always deliver IMO. Most of the aftermarket cams do a great job of beating the stocker above 2500-3000 RPM, and generally speaking, trade (right side) power increases for (left side) torque decreases.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

qtrracer

On cam only type swaps , I feel that the tts cams are on the top of the hill right now. 

sfmichael

Quote from: qtrracer on December 28, 2016, 12:44:02 PM
On cam only type swaps , I feel that the tts cams are on the top of the hill right now.

no doubt...especially for the average rider   :up:
Colorado Springs, CO.

bluerim

Thanks . NH Bagger

I've done research on how bike and trike dynos compare with the same builds.  I couldn't find solid accurate info on any trike dyno losses if any.
Its a difficult test that would be not really worth doing except for the knowledge so I doubt anyone will do that.   The only way would be two exact same motor builds in a trike and bike.
Right now since  trike owners groups are not likely too much into performance, all I have to go on is bike build dyno charts.  Once I see how all parts work with each other then I will make my choices and whatever will be will be , chart wise.  I know a heavy trike is not a drag machine but I still would like great performance while also understanding and respecting the weak link ? in a trikes drive train. 
For myself there is more performance info on this site than "trike Talk "

N-gin

Quote from: Admiral Akbar on December 24, 2016, 07:55:56 AM
Don't look like a low end torque cam to me..

Looks like it sure took some away from the bottom tho.
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind