May 08, 2024, 05:53:31 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

In Upstate SC

Started by Ultrarunner, December 24, 2016, 07:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultrarunner

Hello all.  This forum was recommended to me by members at XLforum, so here I am.

I've been riding for a while, had my first Harley [late 70's sportster (some of it was a '76, some a '77, some a ....)]  almost twenty years ago.  Didn't have another Harley until August of 2015 when I got a 2009 XL.  I've been very happy with it, and have managed almost 20k miles on it in that time. 

In the meantime, my father has been riding less and less.  He didn't like seeing his 2007 FLHX in the garage being neglected, so he offered it to me to put some miles on.  I brought it home two days ago.  First time out on it was yesterday- put 125 miles on it, felt like 25.  I cannot believe just how comfortable it is.  I am in love with this bike! 

I will be keeping both bikes, and hope that my father will want to ride some in the future.  I want to make sure he has a bike to ride if that happens.  He was pretty meticulous about maintenance, so the bike is in pretty good shape- just hasn't seen much use in the past couple of years.  Fluids, tires, and a once over, and it will be ready for daily duty. 

I look forward to looking around here and reading.  Thanks for having me. 

SixShooter14

Howdy, welcome from Arkansas

Nice of them fellas to point you this way. This is definitely my favorite MC forum. A lot of good info. and the folks are always helpful.

Congrats on the ride. But watch out. If your dad starts riding again, you'll want to go out and buy yourself a bagger :hyst:

Have a look around and if you have any questions, just ask.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

motorhogman

Welcome aboard from the Pee Dee You have joined the best Biker web site on the planet.
where's the points and condenser ?<br />Tom / aka motor