April 27, 2024, 02:15:15 PM

News:

Radio Splash Guard

Started by 04Glider2, December 30, 2016, 10:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

04Glider2

Ok, ready for the change out.
Putting in the Alpine CDE-HD149BT, using the Bike Tronics install kit.
Will the V-Twin Audio Splash Guard work with those two?
Going in 2004 RG it already has the RF amp and Polk Audio speakers. 6.5's and 6x9's in the fairing.
If the V Twin doesn't fit what is the next best? I was hoping for one that flipped up so I don't have the chance of losing the cover, but it seems that the V Twin is the best to keep stuff dry.

wfowill

I used the V-Twin splash guard with the BT kit (JVC Radio). On mine the fitment issue was the trim ring for the radio was arched and wouldn't let the guard fit.
I cut the trim ring thickness in half with a Dremel and lightly siliconed it to stay.
Then took a barrel sander on the Dremel to the inner edges of splash guard for the rest of the clearance.

I think it usually comes down to the trim ring thickness.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Leed

You have the BT kit, why not use their splash cover? 

04Glider2

I thought the V Twin was recommended above the the BT?
I know thr BT costs less.i was hoping not to have a removable one but dont konw if one will work on the RH dash.

Leed

If you want to leave it on all the time then you won't like the BT guard.

04Glider2

I know that both the BT and V-Twin splash guard have to be removed to use the radio. I didn't want to have something I have to remove and replace, but the V-Twin is highly rated and I may have to deal with having to take it off and store it on the bike.
Was hoping to find a flip up type that will fit the Road Glide dash. Since the radio sits in somewhat of a recessed area there may not be room for the flip front to work.
If anyone has experience with something that works feel free to post ideas.

vafatboy1

I have no experience with the V-Twin cover.  I do have the BT cover.

I just keep it in one of the tour pak pockets and pull it out when I wash the bike or when I get caught in the rain.

It's scratched to hell, but I only use it when needed.

Can't think of a time when I had the radio on when it was raining.

lilchief

Quote from: vafatboy1 on January 04, 2017, 01:21:52 PM
I have no experience with the V-Twin cover.  I do have the BT cover.

I just keep it in one of the tour pak pockets and pull it out when I wash the bike or when I get caught in the rain.

It's scratched to hell, but I only use it when needed.

Can't think of a time when I had the radio on when it was raining.

Same here. Had it for my old bike and had to put it on a coupla times when riding into a rain storm. Mainly used it when washing the bike though . You can still operate the radio functions from the hand controls, so it's functional.
Lil Chief