May 01, 2024, 04:01:12 AM

News:

yuasa batteries

Started by brubinfxr, April 21, 2009, 09:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brubinfxr

good / bad?  any feedback?  It's what the local MC shop carries  (only carry sealed). 

thanks all
brubin
82FXR

reg_beagle

More reasonably priced than many competitors. Bought one three years ago for my kick-only '72 FX, it's not the sealed type but has lasted well. Charge it for five or six hours every three weeks or so during the winter. I've had good luck with Yuasa, wish I'd bought one for my '79 XLH too, but took leave of my remaining senses that day and spent far too much on an HD battery.
Al

NormL

Cracky
Swanton, Vermont

MMOCGuy

I've always had good luck with Yuasa batteries.

Norm.

Trouble

You can try and make something idiot-proof, but those idiots are so darn clever

Hillside Motorcycle

They manufacture the motorcycle batteries for Interstate.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

tmwmoose

Great batteries, Drag specialties sells them with their name on them and are cheaper than the same batt with the yuasa tag strange but true. Constantly keep tabs on cable bolt tightness big motors and vibrators especially

randallwhitman

If yuasa makes an AGM battery, which is leak proof and maintenance free, get it!  They're the best.
Freedom Behind Bars
103" Shovel
103" '07 FLHX

CraigArizona85248

Quote from: randallwhitman on April 22, 2009, 06:03:22 PM
If yuasa makes an AGM battery, which is leak proof and maintenance free, get it!  They're the best.

Yep... they make an AGM.  I ran a YUASA AGM in my panhead.  Lasts a LOT longer then those old 12V 5.5amp lead-acid batteries.  When the YUASA gave up I went to a generic equivalent of the YUASA.  The YUASA had doubled in price to $150.  Got the generic for about $80.  So far it's been just as strong as the YUASA but only time will tell if it lasts as long.

-Craig