May 01, 2024, 09:02:54 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Help understanding cal after upgrade

Started by 07heri, January 01, 2017, 11:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

07heri

I need some help understanding the differences of my cal after I upgraded it.  It seems like some knock areas have been changed and I'm trying to understand why and more importantly is the changes are correct.

2016 Heritage
Stage 1

Coyote

It's the same file really. From time to time, DJ adds new tables or settings. Your upgraded file is the original file with those added tables/settings added to it. In your case, all of the table additions are in hidden tables which is why you can't much difference.

The knock area had tables added that you can see. I'd just leave those as they are default unless there is a reason to change them.

07heri

Is it normal to have knock control turned off below 50 kPa?
2016 Heritage
Stage 1

Coyote

Quote from: 07heri on January 03, 2017, 02:45:13 PM
Is it normal to have knock control turned off below 50 kPa?

I have mine set higher than that on my touring bike. I would think it's pretty unlikely to get timing events that low.

Fishonsc

I turned knock control on at 20kpa. I had crazy amount of knock events. I did not hear any knock/ping but it showed up in the log. At this point I am not sure if I am going to reduce timing or not.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Gordon61

Quote from: Fishonsc on January 05, 2017, 12:18:40 PM
I turned knock control on at 20kpa. I had crazy amount of knock events. I did not hear any knock/ping but it showed up in the log. At this point I am not sure if I am going to reduce timing or not.

I tried going down to 40kpa and saw the same thing, not a lot but up to 1º or so here n there.  I was playing with PV autotuning set to only tune spark.  It did take out some timing which when flashed to the ECU didn't seem to show up again.

I'm still trying to work out in my head if it means anything or it was all just phantom events.  Even DJ say not to use their spark tuning function ????

Fishonsc

Quote from: Gordon61 on January 05, 2017, 01:45:47 PM
Quote from: Fishonsc on January 05, 2017, 12:18:40 PM

I tried going down to 40kpa and saw the same thing, not a lot but up to 1º or so here n there.  I was playing with PV autotuning set to only tune spark.  It did take out some timing which when flashed to the ECU didn't seem to show up again.

I'm still trying to work out in my head if it means anything or it was all just phantom events.  Even DJ say not to use their spark tuning function ????
I was getting anywhere from 2 to 8 degrees. I talked to DJ about it. Not a lot of help. They told me it was up to me if it is phantom events or not. I use log tuner for timing. Works pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk