May 04, 2024, 06:02:53 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Torque cam ?

Started by mike 120, January 05, 2017, 04:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike 120

Can stock pushrods be used with SE torque cam? Does stock M8 cam have same base circle dimension?
TIA

FSG

I believe the BCD of the stock M8 Cam is larger than that of a TC.

Some who have torn down a M8 have been asked what the BCD is but as yet no one has posted the dimension.

As to "Can stock pushrods be used with SE torque cam?", I don't know. 

The BCD of SE Cams for the M8 may be the same or smaller than stock, hopefully someone will chime in with some measurements. 

misfitJason

Probably not because they offer the cam with Adjustable Pushrods
2006 Dyna, Kraftech Evo Softail

hattitude

Quote from: misfitJason on January 06, 2017, 04:27:12 AM
Probably not because they offer the cam with Adjustable Pushrods

They do that to make money on the sale of adjustable pushrods and it saves labor time, removing the rocker arms to use the OEM rods.... doesn't necessarily mean the BCD is different...

They could still have the same BCD and be able to use the OEM rods...

MonTex

I'm running the SE8-447 Torque cam with original, non-adjustable pushrods in my 2017 Ultra Limited (114 c.i. - Stage III).  I removed the Performance cam that came with the Stage III kit, and went with the SE8-447 Torque cam.  I like it a lot better for the RPMs that I actually ride at most of the time.  I'm running the SE autotuner with the wide-band oxygen sensors.  I'm using the base-tune that goes with the Stage III kit with the and SE8-498 Performance cam.  Works very well.
2017 FLHTK 114 c.i. build

wfolarry

Quote from: FSG on January 05, 2017, 04:43:07 PM
I believe the BCD of the stock M8 Cam is larger than that of a TC.

Some who have torn down a M8 have been asked what the BCD is but as yet no one has posted the dimension.

As to "Can stock pushrods be used with SE torque cam?", I don't know. 

The BCD of SE Cams for the M8 may be the same or smaller than stock, hopefully someone will chime in with some measurements.

The cam lobes are different sizes. 1.498, 1.424, 1.360 & 1.508. [measured with my dial caliper so it's not exact] That's starting at the inner cam bearing.

HD/Wrench

Yes all lobes vary in size. But having installed ohhh maybe 20 of the 114 kits now with the 498 cam on stock push rods never an issue  :up:

sfmichael

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on January 14, 2018, 08:34:20 AM
Yes all lobes vary in size. But having installed ohhh maybe 20 of the 114 kits now with the 498 cam on stock push rods never an issue  :up:

....aaaannnd there's your answer  :up: :up:
Colorado Springs, CO.

1FSTRK

I was able to confirm yesterday that the SE8-447 and SE8-462 both have the same base circle radius as the stock 107 cam on each individual lobe.

"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

sfmichael

Usually the case with SE cams  - have re-used stock pushrods lots of times with many different cams with good results
Colorado Springs, CO.