May 09, 2024, 02:16:18 AM

News:

Milwaukee Eight testing.

Started by Durwood, January 12, 2017, 12:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durwood

As I mentioned when we got to stage 2 the AC element was removed as it was holding back the power, I only had the SE stage one at the time and not much available in aftermarket air cleaners.

But since, there have been some introduced to the market. I would still like to try a Heavy breather.

Here are the results of the air cleaner testing for those that are interested.

Click on graph then maximize for full size image.
[attach=0]

Durwood

Quote from: NCTURBOS on June 05, 2017, 12:54:06 PM
Daren,

Any comparison thoughts between the 460 cam and the stock decat headpipe exhaust setup verses the D&D exhaust? Could you tell any difference in riding the bike versus what the dyno numbers show?

TIA,

K.
I put 200 miles on it yesterday with the D&D and I could feel the low end difference, but on the 4 lane the noise was pretty bad. I am going to try a Rush Wrath muffler on it to see if that will tame it down some.

1FSTRK

He's baaaack.
Post 200 is a great one, looks like we are still lacking a really good non restrictive AC for the M8 at this level. I wonder how bad they are hold back the bigger M8 builds.

What cam, pipe, and other mods to the engine at the time of the AC testing?

Almost forgot
GREAT Job thanks for posting.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

Durwood

Quote from: 1FSTRK on November 26, 2017, 07:01:01 AM
He's baaaack.
Post 200 is a great one, looks like we are still lacking a really good non restrictive AC for the M8 at this level. I wonder how bad they are hold back the bigger M8 builds.

Almost forgot
Finally got a chance to play a little.

During this testing it was with the de-cat head pipe, Fullsac 2" cores and CR-460.

1FSTRK

Quote from: Durwood on November 26, 2017, 07:09:30 AM
He's baaaack.

Almost forgot

During this testing it was with the de-cat head pipe, Fullsac 2" cores and CR-460.

:up:
You may want to try the SE M8 Heavy breather #29400264 to see how it compares.

Durwood

Quote from: 1FSTRK on November 26, 2017, 07:17:24 AM
He's baaaack.

Almost forgot

That's in the plan for down the road.

Neon Moon

Durwood I see of talk about cr and tman cams but not a lot about Redshift. Is there a reason?

Durwood

Quote from: Neon Moon on November 26, 2017, 11:49:34 AM
Durwood I see of talk about cr and tman cams but not a lot about Redshift. Is there a reason?
The only reason is that I haven't tried one yet.

Neon Moon

Ok. Just put a set of 576s and 10.5 piston in my 110. Has Rush 7017HO head pipes and 2.5 big Louie slip ons really has stump pulling torque at low rpms.
Using Thunder Max tuner. Someday I will get it dynoed just to see where it's at. Enjoy reading your post.

NCTURBOS

Quote from: Durwood on November 26, 2017, 06:52:04 AM
Daren,

Any comparison thoughts between the 460 cam and the stock decat headpipe exhaust setup verses the D&D exhaust? Could you tell any difference in riding the bike versus what the dyno numbers show?

TIA,

K.
I put 200 miles on it yesterday with the D&D and I could feel the low end difference, but on the 4 lane the noise was pretty bad. I am going to try a Rush Wrath muffler on it to see if that will tame it down some.

Gotcha... I'm in the mood for a winter upgrade to mine, just not sure exactly on the exhaust. I know I only want to buy once, assuming the future might hold for more!

If you have some extra coin laying around for air cleaner testing: https://tmanperformance.com/product/t-man-no-loss-air-cleaner/

;) :D

Thanks,

K.
-Boosted 95" B... 160.75-hp & 141.55-tq, 93-octane
-2017 FLTRXS... Stock

Durwood

Quote from: NCTURBOS on November 27, 2017, 12:57:47 PM
Daren,

TIA,

K.

Gotcha... I'm in the mood for a winter upgrade to mine, just not sure exactly on the exhaust. I know I only want to buy once, assuming the future might hold for more!

If you have some extra coin laying around for air cleaner testing: https://tmanperformance.com/product/t-man-no-loss-air-cleaner/

Thanks,

K.
I've seen those but they are a little on the pricey side for me.  :teeth:

Hossamania

Quote from: Durwood on November 27, 2017, 01:47:13 PM
Quote from: NCTURBOS on November 27, 2017, 12:57:47 PM
Daren,

TIA,

K.

Thanks,

K.
I've seen those but they are a little on the pricey side for me.  :teeth:

No price is too great in the pursuit of knowledge.
Oh, wait, I just saw the price.
Looks like a little less knowledge will be ok.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Moparnut72

They must have painted over the gold plating.    :hyst:
kk
"The more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know." Albert Einstein

Pete_Vit

looks like the air cleaner cover I fabricated for my Se Air filter... a cut off tool to the stock Harley Air cleaner and viola! guess I should etch my initials on it and sell 'em  :hyst:
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

SLAATY

Looks like you'll also need the optional 3" Footboard Extension Kit. For $500, of course.

Durwood

I put a Wrath muffler on the Billet Cat, it lost a little on the left, but it sure sounds different, we are getting close to the Twin Cam sound.

While I have the BC on the bike I am going to experiment with other baffles and muffler assemblies.
[attach=0]

sfmichael

:up: good info

smaller baffle (than 2.50) in the stock Billet Cat I assume?
Colorado Springs, CO.

Durwood

Quote from: sfmichael on December 03, 2017, 02:52:10 PM

After further examination, the baffle in the Wrath muffler I tested is a 3.00" NOT 2.50".

I have a new 2.50" baffle here and it is in fact smaller than the one I tested...I apologize for the confusion, but I was told it was a 2.50" and should have verified prior to testing.

When time allows I will install the 2.50" baffle and retune.

lucasg

Great job Darren , keep up the good work and thanks for your efforts.  Have you ever done any testing with the newer Bassani Road Rage 2-1 pipes ? 

Durwood

Quote from: lucasg on December 05, 2017, 10:03:36 AM
Great job Darren , keep up the good work and thanks for your efforts. Have you ever done any testing with the newer Bassani Road Rage 2-1 pipes ?
Not as of yet.

sfmichael

Quote from: Durwood on December 04, 2017, 07:21:54 AM

After further examination, the baffle in the Wrath muffler I tested is a 3.00" NOT 2.50".

I have a new 2.50" baffle here and it is in fact smaller than the one I tested...I apologize for the confusion, but I was told it was a 2.50" and should have verified prior to testing.

thanks for the clarification - what size is in the BC?...it seems to work very well
Colorado Springs, CO.

badcooky

Awesome stuff man , this is the stuff.
Do you think a small bump in compression would help or hinder the CR460/450 cams ?

Durwood

Quote from: sfmichael on December 11, 2017, 07:29:03 AM
Quote from: Durwood on December 04, 2017, 07:21:54 AM

thanks for the clarification - what size is in the BC?...it seems to work very well
2.5" Best I can tell without pulling it out of the can.
Quote from: badcooky on December 17, 2017, 08:33:17 PM
Do you think a small bump in compression would help or hinder the CR460/450 cams ?
Thanks..

A compression increase would help either cam, but I wouldn't pull heads for the sole purpose of raising the compression.

badcooky

Thanks..

A compression increase would help either cam, but I wouldn't pull heads for the sole purpose of raising the compression.

No neither would I.

Awesome work mate.

1FSTRK

Quote from: Durwood on November 26, 2017, 09:14:50 AM
Quote from: 1FSTRK on November 26, 2017, 07:17:24 AM
He's baaaack.

Almost forgot

That's in the plan for down the road.

Just a thought after looking at some other threads both here and in the dyno section I think testing a better TB and or manifold would be my next step. Just like the air cleaner, small changes to improve the intake tract will most likely give noticeable returns in HP. The stock head flow is clearly more than adequate at this level but is it flowing at 100% on the bike. I know many will feel that the stock TB is big enough but this is not about TB bore at the throttle plate it is about resistance to flow up stream of the port itself.
Thanks again for all your effort.