May 01, 2024, 07:56:56 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Which of the 3 SE air cleaners?

Started by rich1, February 03, 2017, 05:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rich1

Looks like the Heavy Breather and the Ventilator versions for the M8 are smaller than those for the TC. The high flow unit has a really strange shape so the stock cover can fit. At present I have a hard time justifying the price difference between the high flow and the others. Whats your take?

Xyzzy

I have the HB. I got it from Surdyke so the cost was much lower than at a dealer. I doubt any of them make more power than any of the others. I like how the HB looks and the breather system will not foul the filter on the HB. It was easy to install and shows off the engine nicely. The stock system hides most of the engine. If you are buying for performance I think the cost is too high for what you get. If you like the looks and stuff then it might be worth it. PS - The HB gives you tons of leg room if you are tall like me.

rich1

00se

Fuel Moto has a Heavy Breather for the M-8

Rokinrider

I ordered the ventilator from HD, I have short legs and don't want to have the HB sticking out? I like the looks of both of them, the stocker just covers too much of the engine? I went with the FM slip ons, still don't know which tuner to go with? The whole warranty issue pisses me off, typically I blow it off but I paid for the extended (dumb)
Mclintock! swell party were the whiskey?

NCTURBOS

Would really be nice to know the CFM flow of each of the (3) filter kits, along with the typical others available. I'm all about the performance, but I don't like the looks of the 'Heavy Breather' style of kits at all. But, if the other style wouldn't flow enough that makes the decision easier...

K.
-Boosted 95" B... 160.75-hp & 141.55-tq, 93-octane
-2017 FLTRXS... Stock

1FSTRK

Quote from: NCTURBOS on February 08, 2017, 11:39:58 AM
Would really be nice to know the CFM flow of each of the (3) filter kits, along with the typical others available. I'm all about the performance, but I don't like the looks of the 'Heavy Breather' style of kits at all. But, if the other style wouldn't flow enough that makes the decision easier...

K.
[/quote ]

The problem with flow numbers and air cleaners is you can tell which ones won't work if they have real low flow but you can't tell which ones will work best without testing them on the bike with a dyno.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

NCTURBOS

Quote from: 1FSTRK on February 08, 2017, 11:54:14 AM
The problem with flow numbers and air cleaners is you can tell which ones won't work if they have real low flow but you can't tell which ones will work best without testing them on the bike with a dyno.

If all (3) of the SE offerings flow better than the TB, intake, and heads though... Any of the options should work just fine, at which point it's all about aesthetics... Correct?

K.
-Boosted 95" B... 160.75-hp & 141.55-tq, 93-octane
-2017 FLTRXS... Stock