May 03, 2024, 09:38:55 PM

News:

Recovery file

Started by 07heri, February 11, 2017, 10:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

07heri

Anyone have the recovery file to reset the PV?

I have a unit that wont boot up past the DynoJet screen.  Tried rerouting the wire but didn't help.

Pulled the PV off my bike and tested on the problem bike.  My unit fired right up so Im guessing it isnt a cable routing issue.  Retried problem unit and it gets hung up.

Want to try a reset but cant find the recovery file anywhere.   

2016 Heritage
Stage 1

Coyote

Download the file from the link below and follow the instructions.

PV Recovery File Link

1.   While holding the "power button" down on the face of your Power Vision plug in the Power Vision via USB to your computer
2.   You should notice that the screen of the Power Vision has many colored bars and says, "Recovery Mode"
3.   Launch the Power Vision Update Client
4.   Highlight "PV Firmware"
5.   Select "Update from Local File"
6.   Select "PV Recovery"
7.   Point to the file you downloaded from above
8.   Finish the installation of the recovery and then proceed to update the firmware and tune database

FSG

QuoteWant to try a reset but cant find the recovery file anywhere.   

I was going to say you'll have to get that from Dynojet, send Tech Support an email to let them know your problem.

But Coyote provided the link

07heri

February 11, 2017, 11:22:26 AM #3 Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 11:24:34 AM by 07heri
Quote from: Coyote on February 11, 2017, 10:42:15 AM
Download the file from the link below and follow the instructions.

PV Recovery File Link

1.   While holding the "power button" down on the face of your Power Vision plug in the Power Vision via USB to your computer
2.   You should notice that the screen of the Power Vision has many colored bars and says, "Recovery Mode"
3.   Launch the Power Vision Update Client
4.   Highlight "PV Firmware"
5.   Select "Update from Local File"
6.   Select "PV Recovery"
7.   Point to the file you downloaded from above
8.   Finish the installation of the recovery and then proceed to update the firmware and tune database

The link just opens a page with a bunch of jibberish.  What do I with the link you provided?  Its not downloading anything.

To add to my first post......I connected the trouble unit to winpv and I get all the normal functions and screens.  Am I going down the right road thinking it needs a reset?
2016 Heritage
Stage 1

Coyote

The link is fine, your jibberish problem is with how your file associations are set and how your browser is set.

Try right clicking on the link and choose "Save Target As"  or "Save Link As"

FSG

QuoteTry right clicking on the link and choose "Save Target As"  or "Save Link As"

:agree:    :up:

07heri

Quote from: Coyote on February 11, 2017, 01:25:26 PM
The link is fine, your jibberish problem is with how your file associations are set and how your browser is set.

Try right clicking on the link and choose "Save Target As"  or "Save Link As"

Ok I did that and saved to desktop.  Im assuming that the file I want to point to.

I connected the problem unit to laptop.  Tried to update and its showing nothing in firmware or tune database.  So it wont even update. 

I dont know what happened to create this problem.  It looks like the updater isnt finding any firmware and saying its not connected.
2016 Heritage
Stage 1

07heri

Keep getting error saying recovery failed.
2016 Heritage
Stage 1

cherryseeg2

Had one so this a while back. Talked with Roy at Dynojet and we tried a few different things. Ended up sending it to them and they took care of it.

BTW it was over a year out of warranty.
2005 Cherry SEEG2-J&B Performance 120 163hp/144tq

07heri

Quote from: cherryseeg2 on February 11, 2017, 06:38:42 PM
Had one so this a while back. Talked with Roy at Dynojet and we tried a few different things. Ended up sending it to them and they took care of it.

BTW it was over a year out of warranty.

Yea probably going to have to send it back. 
2016 Heritage
Stage 1