May 03, 2024, 02:32:44 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Mileage impact of having 64mm throttle body?

Started by spook, February 23, 2017, 06:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spook

If one were to go with HD stage 4 117 kit it comes with a 64mm throttle body.  Anybody have any experience on what the impact of this will be on overall mileage if the bike is used to tour? Estimates of modified bikes mileage figures?   Thanks.

joe_lyons

Depending on how the motorcycle is tuned your mileage should not change a lot, in my experience is what I have found is with new found power comes new-found throttling
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

spook

That is absolutely true!  Thanks for the response.

HD/Wrench

Your MPH may in fact go up. Think about what it takes to move the bike at 70 MPH so what ever that is is based on what given power you currently have. When you now have more power you may find that you have less throttle opening to achieve that same given speed.

But like most of us we play too much to get great MPH.. I do use the cruise on long trips. SO my bike makes 150/ 140 loaded down two up at 75 MPH I was getting 41 ish  we got off the super slab and ran 65  I got 46

hd06

HD/Wrench

Yes I have seen that as well seen the results of a bike running that lean.

timtoolman

I have a 66  t-hog on my 117  stg. 4. I get 43-45 mpg cursing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hillside 117 ,  2009 ultra
HTCS (AW/SW) USN RET.

spook

Thanks for the replies.  Appreciate the input.

Beave

43-45 mpg with a 66 t-hog on a 117 stg. 4 is nothing to curse about.
With speed comes stability.