May 08, 2024, 09:48:41 PM

News:

Slip on mufflers ?

Started by motorhogman, February 26, 2017, 07:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronMike113

The only thing I would be concerned about would be the Baffle size so it would tune decent  :SM:
Some of those might sound good but don't really help the curve,most of the time Tuners have a tried and trued system that works, And the more engine PREFORMANCE you go after the more important the exhaust becomes........  :wink:
2 Bikes and 2 Beemers, that's what I have been told 😳

rhuff

Doesn't Fuel Moto offer a set of slip ons for $200?  I think I'd go that route. 

Hossamania

Quote from: rhuff on February 28, 2017, 05:21:48 PM

Quote from: Hossamania on February 27, 2017, 07:54:59 PM
The Fuel Moto Jackpot Slip-on Classic mufflers are $199. Just throwing them out there for a comparison on pricing and known quality.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

calif phil

The DNA are most likely made at the same place as the demon mufflers

How about asking in the swap meet section here for a quality used set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PoorUB

I ran Fullsac recore kits on my 2010 and will go that route again.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

motorhogman

Quote from: IRONMIKE113 on February 28, 2017, 04:50:13 PM
The only thing I would be concerned about would be the Baffle size so it would tune decent  :SM:
Some of those might sound good but don't really help the curve,most of the time Tuners have a tried and trued system that works, And the more engine PREFORMANCE you go after the more important the exhaust becomes........  :wink:

Thanx Mike,  this bike has never been tuned. Carb is still sealed, ignition and cams are stock.Only mods are K&N air filter and slip on mufflers. It has always performed well for my use. 90% 2 up touring. , I don't run it hard, especially now  getting close to the 100,000 mi mark..
where's the points and condenser ?<br />Tom / aka motor

motorhogman

March 01, 2017, 06:09:06 AM #31 Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 07:38:32 AM by motorhogman
Quote from: calif phil on February 28, 2017, 05:50:08 PM
The DNA are most likely made at the same place as the demon mufflers

How about asking in the swap meet section here for a quality used set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanx Phil,  I looked at was there but didn't ask. 

The problem I'm seeing is shipping cost depending where they are shipping from.. Close destinations are around $25.00   and further out as high as $70.00 

Kind takes the thrill out of a good deal on a used set..

I think I saw the DNA Megaphones are USA made.. Looked at so many now I could be wrong.  There is a knock off of that same pipe for around $30.00 less made in Taiwan.

Went back and looked around, they are made in the US

DNA SPECIALTY, INC
Manufacturer Part Number:   
M-TP-1004
Finish:   CHROME   Country//Region of Manufacture:   UNTIED STATES

Megaphones have a special place in my heart.. LOL    1960 CH with magneto ignition. with upswept megaphones..

motorhogman

Quote from: PoorUB on February 28, 2017, 07:02:19 PM

Thanx PoorUB for that suggestion, I have looked at fullsac. Just to eliminate the crossover and make true duals.

Flhfxd

I bought a pair of these chinese slip ons couple of years ago. Didnt need them, just always wanted a pair of turn outs. Not too loud and pretty good chrome for the money. $165 as I recall. But they cracked. Had to throw em out after 2 years.
"And the road goes on forever...... But I got one more silver dollar.....'

wolf_59

Quote from: motorhogman on March 01, 2017, 06:11:25 AM
Quote from: PoorUB on February 28, 2017, 07:02:19 PM

Thanx PoorUB for that suggestion, I have looked at fullsac. Just to eliminate the crossover and make true duals.
PM me I have a Fullsac tru dual conversion that I took off while doing my rocker gasket leak/rebuild and a set of 06 stock mufflers with cats removed and Howitzer end caps if your interested

apendejo

I have to agree with the previous posts about the 2010 and later OEM mufflers on an older bike.
I am running 2010 takeoffs on my '03 UltraClassic and they sound just as good as the old Kerker SE 98B's that I took off because of rust and scratches.

motorhogman

Quote from: apendejo on March 01, 2017, 01:39:53 PM
I have to agree with the previous posts about the 2010 and later OEM mufflers on an older bike.
I am running 2010 takeoffs on my '03 UltraClassic and they sound just as good as the old Kerker SE 98B's that I took off because of rust and scratches.

Thanx for the reply apendejo,  The more I look at those megaphones and read review on them it's all positive..Better I like them.. Made in USA to.. I priced some late model OEM's on Ebay and did not find any deals..  I have a set of OEM mufflers and just not liking the look.  They were on the bike when I went to pick it up new Sept. 11 2000.. I rode it and turned around and had the dealer put the mufflers I now have on . Never made it home with the stock mufflers. Always loved Fishtails and megaphones back in the day..   Ya I'm old as Dirt..well refined dirt 

rhuff

Quote from: Hossamania on February 28, 2017, 05:27:28 PM

The Fuel Moto Jackpot Slip-on Classic mufflers are $199. Just throwing them out there for a comparison on pricing and known quality.

Thanks for pointing that out.  I obviously must have missed it when reading thru the comments. 

Hossamania

Quote from: rhuff on March 01, 2017, 06:19:17 PM
Quote from: Hossamania on February 28, 2017, 05:27:28 PM

Thanks for pointing that out.  I obviously must have missed it when reading thru the comments.

I'm here for ya!
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

calif phil

Quote from: motorhogman on March 01, 2017, 03:26:46 PM

Thanx for the reply apendejo,  The more I look at those megaphones and read review on them it's all positive..Better I like them.. Made in USA to.. I priced some late model OEM's on Ebay and did not find any deals..  I have a set of OEM mufflers and just not liking the look.  They were on the bike when I went to pick it up new Sept. 11 2000.. I rode it and turned around and had the dealer put the mufflers I now have on . Never made it home with the stock mufflers. Always loved Fishtails and megaphones back in the day..   Ya I'm old as Dirt..well refined dirt

If you want a set of take offs, I have some late model mufflers you can have for free.  Just pay the UPS.

motorhogman

Quote from: calif phil on March 02, 2017, 06:21:44 AM
Quote from: motorhogman on March 01, 2017, 03:26:46 PM

If you want a set of take offs, I have some late model mufflers you can have for free.  Just pay the UPS.

Thanx Phil,  very much appreciate the offer. I think I'm going to go with the DNA megaphones.