April 30, 2024, 05:37:10 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2011 CVO lower speaker pod problems

Started by gordonr, March 01, 2017, 11:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordonr

I've have a problem not hearing the the lower 6.5" speakers as the fairing 5.25" over power them.

In the shop they are way acceptaple until your out on the open road.
The build is a Alpine 149BT, BT 2 channel running at 2 ohms on the 4 BT speakers. Using an RTA and having the mic placed at head level over the driver seated position the lower speakers have no affect in volume hooked upped or disconnected. Looking at speaker angle placement it appears wrong for the drivers listening pleasure. If I lower the the mic as if the driver or have a 4' customer it wouldnt be an issue. Has anyone made an offset speaker spacer to fix this problem? Only other I way
I see it is to install lid speakers and delete the pods. But way more $.
"If was easy everyone would do it"

gordonr

This week I got the chance to figure the issue out. Going to a 4 channel wasn't an option for the customer either. The grills have a large Bar and Shield blocking the tweeters behind them for starters as part of the cause but in the end a much brighter tweeter than the Biketronics mounted in the grills was the answer. The soft accurate tweeters in the dash in combination with the separate adjustable titanium tweeters replaced in the lower pods produced an outstanding front stage emage.
"If was easy everyone would do it"