Service manuals? Also, 5 speed questions.....

Started by yarddogg77, March 14, 2017, 12:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yarddogg77

I have an S&S transsmission case with a 5 speed conversion in my Shovelhead. I need to find a service manual for the transmission. Looking on e-bay it seems the EVO 5 speed is very similar to what I have according to the covers and appearance in general. When I picked up the transmission to clean it before putting it back in, I noticed there was something rattling around in there. A loose part. I remember the PO mentioning that he was unable to get something int the transmission in right, even thought it shifted through gears just fine. I'm sure it is the one thing in the transmission that is the hardest part to install during assembly although I don't know what it is, it seems every trannsmission has that one danged thing about it. Does anyone know what it is? LOL.
My shop has a grass floor and really high ceiling... Yard - Dogg

yarddogg77

I'm only tearing apart the transmission to find that loose part, then putting it back together, other than that the transmission shifted just fine and was good and tight. Everything in it looks to be in excellent shape. Does anyoe have any advice on tear down and reassembly?

yarddogg77

:oops: I should have posted this in the EVO big twin section. If there is a moderator reading this, could you move it for me?

yarddogg77

NEVERMIND! I got the transmission aprt to find there is nothing wrong with it. There are no loose parts and it was probably a gear sliding back and forth or something, maybe a shift fork. Crap, oh well, I got a look inside anyway. Could use a better sealant job now that I'm there. You can delete this post if you want.  :bf:

Hossamania

Well that was fun to watch! Congrats on getting it straightened out.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.