April 28, 2024, 03:11:14 AM

News:

Looking at new headunits

Started by 05fatboy95, March 18, 2017, 12:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

05fatboy95

So I am trying to decided on a new head unit for my 2012 SG has BT amp and 7.2 speakers.
This doesn't seem to be a very cost affective switch in any route I look at. I want blue tooth and good amp connections. I always have the AVC off so that's not my worry.

Anyone using this one? Sounds like it's very plug and go

https://www.denniskirk.com/aquatic-av/bluetooth-harley-davidson-stereo-aq-mp-5bt-h.p4001201.prd/4001201.sku

For $299 it's about the best price route I can go. Other headunits are cheaper but require the BT kit so end up much more expensive.

Thanks all for any input!

IronMike113

2 Bikes and 2 Beemers, that's what I have been told 😳

Breeze

Take a look @ Crutchfield.com. They have Harley compatable headunit search, and good prices. I've bought car speakers from them, but not MC.
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

phillyfan

Quote from: 05fatboy95 on March 18, 2017, 12:16:33 PM
So I am trying to decided on a new head unit for my 2012 SG has BT amp and 7.2 speakers.
This doesn't seem to be a very cost affective switch in any route I look at. I want blue tooth and good amp connections. I always have the AVC off so that's not my worry.

Anyone using this one? Sounds like it's very plug and go

https://www.denniskirk.com/aquatic-av/bluetooth-harley-davidson-stereo-aq-mp-5bt-h.p4001201.prd/4001201.sku

I have that headhunt in my bike for over a year with no issues at all. I have a CV B2 amp at a SSpn4 1000d hooked to it and it sounds pretty dam good.
2 things that could make it better or could influence your decision
1. Tuning, only has bass and treble up and down
2 If you plug your phone up inside the unit, you can't change songs on the handlebars only on the headunit. At least I haven't figured out how to do so

For $299 it's about the best price route I can go. Other headunits are cheaper but require the BT kit so end up much more expensive.

Thanks all for any input!
'09RG. S&S 106, Drago2, CR 575.
Too much $$ into audio

FLHXHS

I bought the Aquatic AV unit with the "nicer" display.

It works very well and has room for upgrades / additional input/outputs.

It is similar to a car amp but also integrates with the handlebar controls.

I don't usually store my phone inside as I cant fit my case in there. It will fit my iPhone 5S if it's naked no problem. There is a USB port inside and will charge for sure your phone. I've never used it as a wired connection however.

In Sturgis they had water shooting on it to prove it's waterproof. It was good as you'll never get that type of water coming down on it...

Negatives?

The tank chrome dash reflects on the screen in the direct sunlight making the display hard to see.
I have the Hawg Wired Amp and I keep hearing about the Biketronics stuff being so superior.
The best audio comes from some good quality earbuds at 75 mph+...

I'd go solid purchase. Recommended.

Harry
2017 FLHXSE
2009 FLHX - DMC Sidecar - Tuned by Lonewolf

Eglider05

Quote from: FLHXHS on March 23, 2017, 02:14:39 AM

The best audio comes from some good quality earbuds at 75 mph+...

Harry

Can you make some recommendations?

Thanks,
Rick

PoorUB

I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Eglider05

PoorUB

Quote from: Eglider05 on April 05, 2017, 02:55:41 AM
Quote from: PoorUB on April 04, 2017, 07:16:42 PM
Quality ear buds?

http://www.fit-ear.com

They sure don't give them away.

I have the M2 dual drivers. Yes they are expensive. I am on my second set, but the first set lasted about ten years and 100,000 mi;es or more of riding. I wear them all the time unless it is a quick trip in town which I rarely do.

My wife, Gonenorth and his wife all have them. We have hacked into the Ultra intercom wiring so we are able to use them with the HD radio, intercom and CB.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

gordonr

You can use an I-data link  HRN-SW-HD1 and an ADS-MSW and still go with a decent head unit.
"If was easy everyone would do it"