May 02, 2024, 11:03:50 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

A simple dumb question for TTS set-up.

Started by RoadKingKohn, April 23, 2009, 06:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoadKingKohn

I have the TTS MasterTune.  I need to assign a USB port to it on this Windows XP computer.  The last time I did it was in 2006 and I cannot remember how to do it now.  Can some body please help?

Thanks

FSG

RoadKingKohn

I must be missing it.   :bf:  I have read it and cannot find where it tell you how to pick the USB port and assign it.

Steve Cole

John

Open up Mastertune and got to the "Help" section and "Contents". Click on "search" and type in USB. It will show you a list of several items related to it and the one you want will be there. Then click on the "Configuring the USB Driver" and it will walk you through it with screen shots and all.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Scramjet

April 24, 2009, 09:34:44 AM #4 Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 11:09:50 AM by Scramjet
John,

I do not know if you have tried the simple stuff first so here are some simple steps to check.

1. Install the USB driver supplied on the MasterTune disk.

2. Open MasterTune and try to "Get ECM Info".  If is says something like "no com port selected" go the top menu bar and select another com port and try again.  On my XP system there were 3 com ports available to select.  After checking the second available com port (in my case com port 4), "get ECM info" worked.

Hope this helps.

B
07FLHX 107", TR590, D&D, 109HP/112TQ
06FLSTN, 95", SE211, Cycle Shack 91HP/94TQ

Doc Dyna

Like previous post says, but go to control panel and hardware then device manager, scroll down to ports, double click and see what port number your usb adptr is assigned.  Then go to Masterune and set com port to that number, will also have to set it in Datamonitor also.  ( I did).  Just rmember to plug in usb adptr and install drivers if needed first.
DocDyna
08 Ultra 107ci Stg 4; 06 Dyna  98ci Stg 4

FSG

RKJohn,

Re Steve Coles reply #3: This can be found in Section 6.1.3 USB COM Ports, Pages 54 to 57 of the MasterTune Tuning Guide referred to in the link in reply #1

Re Scramjets reply #4:  This can be found on Page 15 of the same MasterTune Tuning Guide

RoadKingKohn

Thank you.  I finally got it after reading the answers.  Helps to read the instructions when one has had some sleep instead of just before you go to bed and are dead tired.