May 03, 2024, 04:53:42 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Fan assist oil cooler

Started by hd06, March 24, 2017, 05:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hd06

I am putting a Fan assist oil cooler on my RGS when it comes in.I am looking for any feedback on this unit, I assume I use same oil cooler cover.   There is a Oil Cover Cover up grade with same screen mesh as the air cleaner very cool looking. But instructions says it will not fit with the Fan Assist Kit.         

rich1

Are you putting it on yourself? Because it has to be enabled by the dealer with the digital technician. Or whatever it is they call the hand held computer. It is true that the screen mesh cover will not fit.

hd06

Directions says its a plug and play it doesn't say anything about a tech support.

rich1

There is a thread on another forum about this. Some people installed them and the fan never came on. They found out the fan has to be enabled with the digital technician. They discovered this after the fact.  You can try it and see. If the fan doesn't come on you will know why.

SLAATY

The online install states this is necessary at the top of the page.