May 09, 2024, 07:20:09 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2 PC's for tuning

Started by Prostock, April 05, 2017, 12:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prostock

Well, I have learned more about computers in the last six months than my entire life and I am still a rookie :dgust:  Anyways, been setting up a dyno room and a 250i for the last 18 months and getting close.  Am running DTT, Wego, Herko's, my tune and TTS and researching scatter plots.  Have been playing with Winpep 8 and getting comfortable with "sweeps" and "step" test on my personal bike.  Upon re-reading instructions for DTT/wego, they highly recommend a separate lap top with a FT232R chip for collecting live data so data doesn't bang heads with 2 softwares.  I am assuming a laptop for ease of bringing it outside the dyno for diag.  Is that the only reason for a laptop instead of a pc?  Which is the better option?  Another question is I split the wego 3d to  run both winpep 8 and DTT for ease of seeing AFR's on the main screen for 8.  I think that is a mistake because low voltage will travel to least amount of resistance giving me false readings?  If so, is there a way to see AFR's on DTT and 8?  One more question of hundreds, plan on using a flash thumb drive to relate info between the 2 softwares, is there a better way?  I know there's alot of "Professional" tuners and builders on this site and is why it is my go to place.  Comments, recommendations greatly appreciated.  Can PM me also. Thanks, Scot

m1marty

For me I use the computer screen to show the DJ stuff and a laptop for any tuning software. I've always done it this way so I can't really comment on using it all on the same screen.
OFFO