April 27, 2024, 01:32:26 PM

News:

Front engine mount torque value

Started by Lew, April 24, 2009, 09:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lew

Wanting to torque the long front mount bolts on my 83 XLS.  I've looked through the service manual too long without finding it.  Anyone have it?  Is it in the service manual?

Lew
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

Pynzo

I don't think there is a set torque value for the mount bolts. I had an '83 XLX once and can only remember torquing heads and cylinder base studs.

Lew

Thanks for the reply Pynzo.  I couldn't come up with a torque value using the service manual or through anyone here on HTT so I torqued them to 19 ft. lbs.  I realize torquing these bolts isn't a critical high priority thing, just thought there would be a listed value for them.

Lew

Pynzo

How do you like that Roadster? Sometimes I really miss that XLX, first and only new Harley I'll ever own. '83 was a good year for ironheads!

Lew

So far I'm very pleased with it.  Bought it in December, tore it all down and put it back up just in time for spring.  With 48 and 21 sprockets and the large fuel tank, it's a cruiser and perfect for the backroad riding around these parts.  In the process of massaging each and every part during the rebuild, I've found it to be a well engineered design and can certainly understand why it has carried on to this day.  Nice bike...I think I'll keep it!

Lew