May 03, 2024, 09:16:28 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

SCREAMIN' EAGLE MILWAUKEE-EIGHT CLUTCH KIT

Started by FSG, April 13, 2017, 10:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSG

Refer to SCREAMIN' EAGLE MILWAUKEE-EIGHT CLUTCH KIT, P/N 37000287, J006246

The kit contains

3 x Narrow friction plate
1 x Narrow steel plate
8 x Wide steel plate
7 x Wide friction plate

Has anyone seen one of these in the flesh?
What is the OD of the Narrow steel plate?
What is the overlap of the Narrow friction on the Narrow steel?

NCTURBOS

Quote from: FSG on April 13, 2017, 10:19:30 PM
Refer to SCREAMIN' EAGLE MILWAUKEE-EIGHT CLUTCH KIT, P/N 37000287, J006246

The kit contains

3 x Narrow friction plate
1 x Narrow steel plate
8 x Wide steel plate
7 x Wide friction plate

Has anyone seen one of these in the flesh?
What is the OD of the Narrow steel plate?
What is the overlap of the Narrow friction on the Narrow steel?

Not on this site, but on another Steve Cole has been all over it very recently...

K.
-Boosted 95" B... 160.75-hp & 141.55-tq, 93-octane
-2017 FLTRXS... Stock

HD/Wrench

Well I have a 16 SA clutch here I have a 17 here that apart as well I will compare the two at first glance they do not like like there are any changes I understand you are asking about the SE kit , but if you need any specs off stock let me know .

BVHOG

In all likely hood it is a Barnett built setup like 11312445 Drag part number.  Used one a few weeks back that held 130 plus torque just fine
Barnett part number 303-30-10043.
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

Ohio HD

Quote from: Bpeer1 on April 22, 2017, 08:19:49 AM
Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on April 17, 2017, 06:19:01 AM
Well I have a 16 SA clutch here I have a 17 here that apart as well I will compare the two at first glance they do not like like there are any changes I understand you are asking about the SE kit , but if you need any specs off stock let me know .
Dude,  you should have paid more attention in English class. Your post is terrible to understand.

English majors don't fare very well here, just sayin....  be nice, or be prepared...     :slap:

FXDBI

Dude,  you should have paid more attention in English class. Your post is terrible to understand.

Site is gearheads not English Majors  go to HDF you want English major. Hang around lose the attitude and you will learn something here. The gentleman's name is Steve not DUDE.
Bob

HD/Wrench

April 22, 2017, 09:09:57 AM #6 Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 09:22:41 AM by GMR-PERFORMANCE
On another note

Had a 17 come in for a tune from a dealer  . Brand new bike 20 miles on it if I recall . Lost the clutch about half way through the tune.. Dealer picked it back up and told me that the fiber material had come off on several of the plates ??

rbabos

You think he's bad? We have one member here nobody can understand. Almost a form of code that needs to be deciphered.
Ron

rbabos

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on April 22, 2017, 09:09:57 AM
On another note

Had a 17 come in for a tune from a dealer  . Brand new bike 20 miles on it if I recall . Lost the clutch about half way through the tune.. Dealer picked it back up and told me that the fiber material had come off on several of the plates ??
Wow, that blows. Hope it's not a common deal with them.
Ron

BVHOG

Change GMR to DMS "Dudes motorsickle shop"
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

HD/Wrench

Ron

I do not think that it is common at all... a fluke more so than anything.

Hossamania

The failures always get more attention than the successes, I would also think the clutch failure a fluke. I hope so, anyway.
All you dudes are alright in my book...
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

SLAATY

"All the young dudes
Carry the news
Boogaloo dudes
Carry the news"

Sorry. Couldn't hep m'sef...

HD/Wrench

Had another clutch start to fail on the dyno yesterday . Bike has a 114 kit on it with se 498  cam and it was acting up from the start never made in through the tune.. Barely  able to load it on the trailer for the trip back to the dealer :banghead: . had the SE heavy springs in it as well.. 

happyman

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on July 20, 2017, 05:26:37 AM
Had another clutch start to fail on the dyno yesterday . Bike has a 114 kit on it with se 498  cam and it was acting up from the start never made in through the tune.. Barely  able to load it on the trailer for the trip back to the dealer :banghead: . had the SE heavy springs in it as well..
curious what the symptoms are ?  or what is  it the clutch does  that get your attention?  have a 17 CVO that is hard to control  when releasing clutch its very jerky to say the least , gets a little better when its warmed up but still sucks.  its not funny in start and stop traffic.     for sure at cold start up it wants to move the bike forward

harleytuner

I had a m8 clutch fail on the dyno as well a couple weeks ago.  114 kit, head Hoggers heads, woods cam.  Put in the Barnett  Scorpion for the new m8's and it holds great.  So good in fact he sheared all 5 sprocket bolts on his chain drive conversion.

HD/Wrench

July 24, 2017, 08:30:40 AM #17 Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 11:09:38 AM by GMR-PERFORMANCE
This one was smooth just slipped I rolled on it in 3rd gear and it let the engine go for a second then grabbed with a sharp jerk.. Next time it slipped further .. Stopped and called the dealer to come back and get the bike ..