April 30, 2024, 03:42:00 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Left handlebar controls on a 2015 street Glide Standard

Started by eglideic, May 05, 2017, 02:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eglideic

Friend has the basic model 2015 Street Glide and needs the left handlebar switches. I believe he needs a 71500128, but an Ebay search for that part number for some reason also turned up a 71500089 switch assembly in new condition for CHEAP. What's the difference in them, and is 71500128 the only one that will work, or are they the same thing?

FSG

71500128 is correct but note it is now at revision A, so it's 71500128A, expensive little suckers 

there is no such P/N 71500089, it may well be an assembly number used for storage, packaging, final product, barcode, etc, but not a Part Number

any pix of it or links?

eglideic

OK. I added pics. That label on back of the switch is where he found that 71500089 number. What do you think?

FSG

well it looks to be the required part, OEM new is over 200 so how much is CHEAP or what's your friend going to be out of pocket for if it don't work

eglideic

It's advertised as NEW open box. I paid $50.98 including shipping and 30 day money back guarantee on Ebay.
Thanks a lot.

Rockout Rocker Products

Does a base model SG have voice command..... IOW is that the correct turn signal button?
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

Alien

A pair of lighted switch packs is about the same $200 just saying.....With a 1 year warranty also..

eglideic

I've never seen this bike in operation. He bought it wrecked. I've never operated a bike newer than 2007. I don't know anything about voice command, but the switches look the same. And I have no idea what a switch pack is, but when the switch assembly comes in the mail, I'll know if it works or not.  THANKS a lot.