May 04, 2024, 05:27:35 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

k&n #

Started by 000, November 10, 2008, 04:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

:idea:        on my 99 eg , my k&n air filter looks like the hd0800 but has four small holes for the stage 1 fi instead of three , does any body know the part number for that, the numbers on the old one ao63a4 or ao55e4 doesnt help.     :pop:

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

road-dawgs1

K&N doesn't list a replacement for that.  However, Arlen Ness Big Sucker does have a K&N equivalent for that with the four holes.  Their pn# is 18-097 as pictured below

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

:up:      thanks road-dawgs1    :smilep:   

calif phil

If you need an 18-097 let me know. I have a new one in the package for $25

jumpinjack

I wonder how long the Ness BS -KN clone- filter that came with my kit will last? It looks almost identical to a KN and seems to be doing a good job. Ck it the other day after about 9000 miles it was still red and looked clean.

WVULTRA

jack:

I have the Ness BS1, and have used them on the last 3 bikes I've owned.  Currently, have a K&N HD-0800 that I change out every-other-service just as a matter of convenience since I can clean the one not in use at my discretion, and have it ready for the next service.

IMO, the Ness clone is doing just fine when compared to the K&N.  Of course, it doesn't have the K&N warranty; and if I had to keep just one it would be the K&N.  Proper care and cleaning goes a long way towards the life of any filter.

HTH's

:wink:
'07 ULTRA, AXTELL 107"/BAISLEY SS HEADS/HPI 48/DARKHORSE CRANK/RINEHART TDs/TTS