Difference between Twin Cam clutch plates and Milwaukee plates

Started by Ken R, May 31, 2017, 09:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken R

I go through clutches . . . . quite often.  If I'm lucky, can get a year out of a set.  That's 3 to 5 competitions and many hours of practice. 

Milwaukee 8 clutch plates with zero to 1K miles are showing up on eBay at attractive prices.   I wonder, are they interchangeable with Twin Cam clutch plates?  The pictures look the same.  But I wonder. 

Has anyone done a comparison and can tell me if Milwaukee 8 clutch plates will fit into a Twin Camp clutch basket? 

HD/Wrench

no they are not interchangeable due to the A&E vs non A&E . But Ken do you want me to ask the customers for their old packs to donate to the cause ??  HA HA I just threw away maybe 4 sets of take outs ..

Ken R

I'll always take new take-off or very low mileage clutch plates.   :teeth:
But I guess they'll need to be pre-2017 since they're different.

Ken R

Quote from: Ken R on June 01, 2017, 05:17:33 AM
I'll always take new take-off or very low mileage clutch plates.   :teeth:
But I guess they'll need to be pre-2017 since they're different.

I wonder if anyone has the part numbers for the clutch basket and hub.  Maybe the basket is the same, but the hub might be a little smaller.  I got hold of a friction plate (there are actually 2 sizes in the 2017 clutch) and a few steel plates. The friction plates fit into the clutch basket, no problemo.  But the steels won't fit onto the hub.    Could the hub be interchangeable? 

HD/Wrench

A&S clutch is not like your clutch to use one part you need the outer as well And I know you would not like the A&S for what you do Ken . Stick with what you got and use the brake of the clutch . HA HA