May 08, 2024, 07:57:57 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Hello from PA

Started by DaveE, June 16, 2017, 07:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveE

Hello, my name's Dave. I've wanted a Harley since I was 10, life kept getting in the way. Here I am, 61 years old and FINALLY living my dream. Took the BRC, got my license, bought an 06 Franken-Harley Street Bob/Fat Bob conversion with misc other bits from various models, but having the time of my life :). And having as much fun working on this thing as I am riding it! Anyway, stumbled on this forum and hope to learn a lot from you lifelong riders! Thanks for letting me in :)

SixShooter14

Howdy Dave, welcome from Arkansas.

I too went the used route to obtain a Harley. It definitely takes a little work to keep her going, but definitely worth it.

If you have any questions, the Tech subforums are full of helpful members. And a nice catalog of informative threads to read through. Have fun and ride safe
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

Pete_Vit

Welcome Dave, from a transplant from Philly (Delco) now living in Central Arkansas - best place for any info you need, like Six sez, 'the Tech sub forums are full of helpful member'
have fun !
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

Panzer

Congrats Dave.
Like Pete above, I moved to southern DE., from southern Pa.
Nice to be in the wind, just be careful out there on the road.     
Want a smile?   Visit our "clean" joke board in Earl's Place.
Have one to tell?  All welcome......no copies please.  :hyst:
Visit "THE SHED" when you get the time.  :SM:

Welcome to HTT !

Panzer, aka Panzerini   :crook:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Jim Bronson

I thought we stopped letting such youngsters on the forum.  :teeth: Welcome from an ex-Pennsylvanian, born and raised. I still have an affinity for the rolling hills and the running creeks. I'm hoping to get back there for a visit this summer or fall.
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

Die Hard

Hello Dave and welcome! I too am from PA near Lancaster. I have a friend near you from Holidaysburg and I head out there now and again to do some riding with him. Enjoy the bike!
Life is too short to drink cheap whiskey.

DaveE

Thanks for the friendly welcome, guys :)

FLHRI_2004

Hello from a fellow PA resident (Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton area).  Enjoy your new ride.   :chop:
My Ride: Road King

Pete_Vit

Quote from: Jim Bronson on June 17, 2017, 03:59:30 PM
I thought we stopped letting such youngsters on the forum.  :teeth: Welcome from an ex-Pennsylvanian, born and raised. I still have an affinity for the rolling hills and the running creeks. I'm hoping to get back there for a visit this summer or fall.
me too - I miss riding along 611 North 

Leed

Welcome Dave from another ex-PA guy.  Well I was born in NJ but lived the bulk of my life near Reading....  I really do miss the hills, mountains and curvy roads not to mention cool weather.

FLHRI_2004

Quote from: Pete_Vit on June 19, 2017, 09:44:15 AM

I just came down 611 yesterday on my way home from riding north of my area.  Lots of good roads around here.
My Ride: Road King

Pete_Vit

Quote from: FLHRI_2004 on June 19, 2017, 04:44:50 PM
Quote from: Pete_Vit on June 19, 2017, 09:44:15 AM

I just came down 611 yesterday on my way home from riding north of my area.  Lots of good roads around here.
Nice! love that road on a bike or cage -
I can't remember the road I was on,  :scratch: our 25th wedding anniversary we went to the 'Summit Lodge', did the tourist stuff, bushkill falls ...etc and I remember a twisty road, coming down a hill and signs on the road someone made, about every 50 yards or so.....SLOW........DOWN.......NOW !!!...  :hyst: it was so funny we video recorded the trip on 8mm