May 03, 2024, 01:15:12 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Need starter Map

Started by loc, April 27, 2009, 02:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loc

I'm still going thru break in on the following with the Super Tuner 205UH canned map. I want to change to Rinehart Tru Duals and wanted to know if I can continue to use the canned map or if someone can provide me with a better map for the tru duals until break in is over.

08 Ultra
103 Stage II kit
SE AC
255 cam
Stock Heads
Super Tuner
Rinehart Tru Duals
08 Ultra---103/255---SE AC---2:1 SuperTrapp---Super Tuner---LMR-002---82:102

FLTRI

Quote from: loc on April 27, 2009, 02:09:44 PM
I'm still going thru break in on the following with the Super Tuner 205UH canned map. I want to change to Rinehart Tru Duals and wanted to know if I can continue to use the canned map or if someone can provide me with a better map for the tru duals until break in is over.
Unfortunately there are no canned maps available for tru-duals as the MOCO has yet to configure a bike with tru-duals. The main problem changing the exhaust to tru-duals is the cylinder fuel requirement imbalance that occurs from the change in fuel requirements from the stock "Y" pipe exhaust system to tru-duals.

There are some who think there 103/255 bike w/tru-duals runs OK with the canned Stage2 103/255 calibration but those are folks who have not ridden a bike after proper re-tuning has been done.
My suggestion is to use the calibration you presently have to get to a qualified, experienced tuner and get it remapped or skip the change to tru-duals until you have that option available to you.
I don't feel there is any other "right" way to accomplish it.
HTH,
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

loc

Bob, It sounds like I wont "hurt the motor" by putting the duals on since you say others "say it runs OK" but I understand it will need tuned down the line.

I was hoping someone had a map with the same setup so that I can run the pipes now.
08 Ultra---103/255---SE AC---2:1 SuperTrapp---Super Tuner---LMR-002---82:102

ToBeFrank

Quote from: FLTRI on April 27, 2009, 02:27:58 PMMy suggestion is to use the calibration you presently have to get to a qualified, experienced tuner and get it remapped or skip the change to tru-duals until you have that option available to you.

Or use software compatible with the SEST to dial it in.

Loc, sent you a PM.