April 27, 2024, 01:54:45 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New aquatic AV radio?

Started by 86fxwg, June 25, 2017, 08:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

86fxwg

June 25, 2017, 08:46:38 AM Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 09:14:50 AM by 86fxwg
Well got issues with my stock HD radio, Was going to send the stocker to Iron cross for repair, but after pricing the repair & upgrading with adding 2 pre amp outputs the cash spent I can buy the aquatic AV that looks completely PLUG & PLAY & after watching there video's they are truly water proof.
Any real life reviews?

thanks gents

Aquatic AV AQ-MP-5BT-H Factory Harley Davidson Replacement AM/FM Radio with Bluetooth & MP3 Media Player Stereo

86fxwg 06flhx 10flhx

Pingman68

I just recently installed the Aquatic unit with satellite radio, and I love it.  Having Bluetooth and the inner compartment to store and charge is great.  I highly recommend it.

digga25

Changed out mine and my wifes to the Aquatic AV and they are great. Definitely water proof and an upgrade. I have had them since last season.

UltraNutZ

Quote from: 86fxwg on June 25, 2017, 08:46:38 AM
Well got issues with my stock HD radio, Was going to send the stocker to Iron cross for repair, but after pricing the repair & upgrading with adding 2 pre amp outputs the cash spent I can buy the aquatic AV that looks completely PLUG & PLAY & after watching there video's they are truly water proof.
Any real life reviews?

thanks gents

Aquatic AV AQ-MP-5BT-H Factory Harley Davidson Replacement AM/FM Radio with Bluetooth & MP3 Media Player Stereo

put about 8 or 9 of them in so far.. haven't seen one again yet, nor have I heard anything but good from the jobs.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

89 fxrs

How is the sound quality compared to the H. Kardon?  And as far as power ? more or less than the H.K. ?
Pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Pingman68

I think it sounds great.  Not sure how to answer the power question because I've read where someone posted that the stated wattage is not measured the same as other units or something to that affect.  When I hooked mine up, I briefly turned it on with the stock speakers to make sure everything worked and it seemed louder at less volume than the HK.  I didn't test it with the stock speakers on the road because once I made sure everything worked I swapped the stock speakers with some Kappa's.  Now it's definitely better sounding with 6.5's in there, and I plan on adding an amp and lower fairing speakers soon.

UltraNutZ

Quote from: 89 fxrs on June 28, 2017, 12:47:40 PM
How is the sound quality compared to the H. Kardon?  And as far as power ? more or less than the H.K. ?

SQ is better than HK unit achieved simply by means of using better quality and higher powered transistors and caps in the output circuits but that's usually the case when comparing most aftermarket units to stock units.

As for power, it's a bit more but it's cleaner power.  I believe the stocker is like 20 wpc if I recall correctly whereas the A/V unit is something like 288 watts total which is more likely to be (haven't tested it) in the neighborhood of 50-ish wpc of clean/useable power.  the difference we be heard no doubt.

I like both of the Aquatic units and haven't had an issue with either.

Coyote

The AQ has a 7 amp max draw so the best you can hope to get is 25 watts rms per channel. Math is the real spec sheet.  :wink:

But it is likely better than the stock HU for transient response for the reasons already stated.

IronMike113

Quote from: Coyote on June 30, 2017, 03:01:55 PM
The AQ has a 7 amp max draw so the best you can hope to get is 25 watts rms per channel. Math is the real spec sheet.  :wink:

But it is likely better than the stock HU for transient response for the reasons already stated.

Now we are getting to the nuts/bolts here,,,,, the RMS power or the THD Rating is what I like looking at,,,,,,, 👍
2 Bikes and 2 Beemers, that's what I have been told 😳

Tireman

Can you run a J&M amp and HD XM module with this unit?
1984 FLHS 80" 57/61  2009 SG Mega Flo 124"152/154
2011 TG Mega Flo 117" 116/127

UltraNutZ

Quote from: Tireman on July 05, 2017, 03:12:43 PM
Can you run a J&M amp YES and HD XM module NO with this unit?

Tireman

1984 FLHS 80" 57/61  2009 SG Mega Flo 124"152/154
2011 TG Mega Flo 117" 116/127

Scooter_trash_1

What would be a good four channel amp to run with this head unit ? Got a customer with this head unit.. needs a good amp and speakers, thanks, Scooter
I am Pro Freedom..Pro Second Amendment..