May 08, 2024, 10:06:43 PM

News:

Which 2 into 1 for Low Rider S?

Started by DrSpencer, July 12, 2017, 06:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSpencer

2017 Low Rider S.

Can anyone recommend a good 2 into 1 system for this bike?

Not really looking for the loudest/most aggressive sound, prefer a more mellow tone.

The videos I see of the Rinehart sound decent. Can anyone comment on their pipe?

Thanks

FloridaJim5

Check out TBR or Two Brothers racing.  They have really nice sounding 2 into 1. 

Matt C

What are your priorities? (Looks, Performance, Price) What's the rest of your build? How do you ride it?

Not trying to be difficult, but your question is too general in nature to give you any specific brand recommendation.
I'm partial to D&D's stuff because they deliver performance. With that said, there are lots of choices, some look better than the D&Ds, some sound better (purely subjective criteria there), but performance is my personal priority.
Looks and sound are way down on the list.

If it runs like a scalded cat, then it 'looks' good, imo. Pipes, like cams, you ask 10 ppl, you get 10 answers.

DrSpencer

Quote from: MCE on July 12, 2017, 07:17:46 PM
What are your priorities? (Looks, Performance, Price) What's the rest of your build? How do you ride it?

Not trying to be difficult, but your question is too general in nature to give you any specific brand recommendation.
I'm partial to D&D's stuff because they deliver performance. With that said, there are lots of choices, some look better than the D&Ds, some sound better (purely subjective criteria there), but performance is my personal priority.
Looks and sound are way down on the list.

If it runs like a scalded cat, then it 'looks' good, imo. Pipes, like cams, you ask 10 ppl, you get 10 answers.

I'm probably in the sound >looks>performance category.

The LRS has a SE110 (which I think still comes stock w/SE255 cams) and a Heavy Breather.

I ride somewhat aggressive, but nothing crazy. I enjoy cruising just as well.

So far, I like the look & sound (as seen only on youtube) of the Rinehart 2 into 1.

I have slip-ons on my other bikes (FLHX w/Rineharts & FXSTC w/Rush), so I have no experience with 2 into 1 systems.

Thanks

Barrett

I really like my $500. V&H ProPipe.

K4FXD

Sounds like you want the  Rinehart.

I'm with MCE, I like performance over looks or sound.

If the bike is stock stay away from 2 inch primary's.
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery

Deye76

Make sure the pipe you choose has a adequate mounting bracket. Some pipes have a propensity to crack.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Good_Apollo

Not a lot of love here it seems, but I have always had great results with Bassani on all of my Dynas.

Currently running a R&B, Bassani is releasing a new Dyna pipe in a few months for big motors (I have a built 120r) so I'll likely swap to that. The RB has an almost stock sound even on a big motor.

Matt C

Still no info,,, so I say go get some pretty chrome pipe (any brand will do) and go out and look good!

92flhtcu

I think the ProPipe Shorty looks good on those bikes.  ProPipe wont hurt performance on the average build.
The TwoBrothers stuff is well recv'd
Need a bigger garage

cdonis

Matt C

maybe JC Whitney has something. Are they still around?

FloridaJim5

Here a nice video of a Custom Dyna with a TBR system.   After he explains the customization, he fires it up and you can listen to the exhaust.  He even takes it for a ride and you can hear it.  I'm not pushing TBR.   Heck, I did even know they existed till I stumbled on this video.    I've always had Vance and Hines.  But this bike sounds really good and they are also supposed to good with performance.   

And this is a really great looking Dyna!!! 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dsz5AM-1q94

FXDBI

Nice Dyna for sure.  Love the lane splitting do that here you would get killed or the cops would tag you for dangerous driving.  Bob

Matt C

Quote from: FXDBI on July 14, 2017, 10:54:31 AM
Nice Dyna for sure.  Love the lane splitting do that here you would get killed or the cops would tag you for dangerous driving.  Bob

Tickets for that here too.

Templer

Quote from: Barrett on July 12, 2017, 09:18:31 PM
I really like my $500. V&H ProPipe.
:up: :up: Have had a Pro  on 96,103.106 and Chrome on a 124 throaty sound with standard baffle easy to modify/Tune the baffle. Not mounting bracket problems and clears my bags. Passenger peg is well over the pipe so no hot foots. That's my take on this!!Only draw back I'v seen is that it is just long enough to make axle removal for flat a tad more of a problem. 

Lone Ranger

I like Bassani Road Rage B4 2 into 1. I got a great deal through Fuel Moto when I purchased them along with Fuel Moto's Pro Billet air cleaner and a Dynojet Power Vision tuner. Easy install with great instructions, flashed the tune Fuel Moto programmed into the Power Vision and my 2014 Limited runs great.

Sunny Jim

dablaze

I absolutely loved my RB Racing pipe on our 2007 dyne street bob, that and the thunder max ignition along with I forgot which cams and it was real easy to pick up the front end of that bike.

Craig
Second Shift Cycle

Good_Apollo

I have the RB Racing pipe that is technically made just for the Low Rider S on my dyna. I had them put 18mm bungs in it, and picked up a FXDL-S exhaust bracket. This pipe is 2" all the way to the head with a custom flange and smaller exhaust nuts to make it all fit.

It makes huge power on my built 120r, made 139HP and 138Tq

That being said, it is wide open. It makes a ton of power once you rev out a bit, it will shift your curve to the right and i have a bit of a dip down low.

The sound is also really mellow, especially for a big motor.

All that being said, the quality of welds is great. The finish isn't the greatest ceramic coat and flaked off in a few spots right away. The heat shield design is a partial coverage so the looks up close are so-so.

Definitely function over finish, etc. Quality didn't compare to D&D that I had in the past. Quality of pipe itself was good but finish was bad, had some customer service issues with them. I may be selling this pipe when Bassani releases their dyna pipe for big motors.

biggzed

If that's your priority I would go with a Stainless Bassani Road Rage.

Zach

Quote from: DrSpencer on July 12, 2017, 09:06:18 PM

I'm probably in the sound >looks>performance category.

The LRS has a SE110 (which I think still comes stock w/SE255 cams) and a Heavy Breather.

I ride somewhat aggressive, but nothing crazy. I enjoy cruising just as well.

So far, I like the look & sound (as seen only on youtube) of the Rinehart 2 into 1.

I have slip-ons on my other bikes (FLHX w/Rineharts & FXSTC w/Rush), so I have no experience with 2 into 1 systems.

Thanks

Good_Apollo

Quote from: biggzed on July 17, 2017, 03:51:32 PM
If that's your priority I would go with a Stainless Bassani Road Rage.

Zach

I agree, those pipes sound great and would be a good fit for the 110

DrSpencer

I'm now digging the Fuel Moto E-Series.

Can anyone comment on this pipe?

Thanks

dirty jim

I have one (Fuel-Moto E-series) on my 2015 FXDL. I love it, real nice exhaust note, quite at idle, roars at WOT. According to Jamie Long at Fuel-Moto it will support 150 horsepower. Mine's just a stage 1, so I can't attest to that.

Matt C

I think I'm going to try a Bassani Road Rage on my 95" Dyna. (Stainless really appeals to me)
I hope it can match the D&D's performance, (TorquePimp said it will) so I'm going to try it when
I get the motor back together.

(I'll do back-to-back dyno runs against a FatCat w/ performance baffle.   

tommy g

I'm partial to the FatCat but the Roadrage sounds and looks good also. Will be an interesting comparison.
09 FLSTC
85 FXEF

tommy g

Dr Spencer, how do you like that Low Rider? There is one at the local dealer I can't take my eyes off  of.
09 FLSTC
85 FXEF

DrSpencer

Quote from: tommy g on July 26, 2017, 09:17:59 AM
Quote from: DrSpencer on July 12, 2017, 06:39:13 PM
2017 Low Rider S.

Can anyone recommend a good 2 into 1 system for this bike?

Not really looking for the loudest/most aggressive sound, prefer a more mellow tone.

The videos I see of the Rinehart sound decent. Can anyone comment on their pipe?

Thanks

[/quot

How are you enjoying that Low Rider Dr? I can't keep my eyes off one at the local dealer.

Really enjoying it. Runs hot in stock form, though. Could probably benefit from a good tune.

tommy g

I think these days there is no getting around needing a good tune. My last four tunes have been perfect and for me well worth the outlay.
09 FLSTC
85 FXEF

DrSpencer

Quote from: dirty jim on July 26, 2017, 05:44:15 AM
I have one (Fuel-Moto E-series) on my 2015 FXDL. I love it, real nice exhaust note, quite at idle, roars at WOT. According to Jamie Long at Fuel-Moto it will support 150 horsepower. Mine's just a stage 1, so I can't attest to that.

When installing, did you have to wrestle the pipe to get it to fit, or did it easily fall in place?

Do you have any clearance issues when using the oil dipstick? Do you know if a HD LED Digital dipstick (which is larger in diameter than stock) will fit when using this pipe?

Thanks

dirty jim

No issues at all putting it on, just the normal spread the header pipes to fit the exhaust flanges exercise. I just measured the clearance of my STOCK dip stick to the rear pipe, and at it's closest point there is a 1/4 inch gap. Hope this helps.

Templer

Do you have any clearance issues when using the oil dipstick? Do you know if a HD LED Digital dipstick (which is larger in diameter than stock) will fit when using this pipe?

Thanks
[/quote]
Ive reinstalled the OEMdip stick unit due to battery needs replacement x2 per year after 2 years it did NOT show correct level currently in bike (even after cleaning). Display went south due to heat in 1 corner.Nice CHROME PIECE but IMHO DON'T WASTE UR $$$$. They due have a nice covered unit. Check with your local dealership!!! ALL THINGS ARE IMHO as posted.

DrSpencer

Quote from: Templer on July 27, 2017, 06:52:24 AM

Thanks
Ive reinstalled the OEMdip stick unit due to battery needs replacement x2 per year after 2 years it did NOT show correct level currently in bike (even after cleaning). Display went south due to heat in 1 corner.Nice CHROME PIECE but IMHO DON'T WASTE UR $$$$. They due have a nice covered unit. Check with your local dealership!!! ALL THINGS ARE IMHO as posted.
[/quote]

I'm aware of the LED dipsticks limitations.

Do you know if it fits a Low Rider S when using a Fuel Moto pipe?

Thanks

Templer

I can not state that it fits due to I run a V&H Pro. It should be noted that IF the motor is hot, You will NEED TO BUT ON GLOVES or  BURN OINTMENT WHEN CHECKING!! Possibly  :emoGroan: what cooked the high $$$ gauge!

Jaycee1964

Bassani RR Long would be nice and not too loud till you stomp on it.  They also perform very well.
If you have to stop and think about if it is right or wrong, Assume it is wrong.