May 09, 2024, 05:18:41 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Which 2 into 1 for Low Rider S?

Started by DrSpencer, July 12, 2017, 06:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommy g

I'm partial to the FatCat but the Roadrage sounds and looks good also. Will be an interesting comparison.
09 FLSTC
85 FXEF

tommy g

Dr Spencer, how do you like that Low Rider? There is one at the local dealer I can't take my eyes off  of.
09 FLSTC
85 FXEF

DrSpencer

Quote from: tommy g on July 26, 2017, 09:17:59 AM
Quote from: DrSpencer on July 12, 2017, 06:39:13 PM
2017 Low Rider S.

Can anyone recommend a good 2 into 1 system for this bike?

Not really looking for the loudest/most aggressive sound, prefer a more mellow tone.

The videos I see of the Rinehart sound decent. Can anyone comment on their pipe?

Thanks

[/quot

How are you enjoying that Low Rider Dr? I can't keep my eyes off one at the local dealer.

Really enjoying it. Runs hot in stock form, though. Could probably benefit from a good tune.

tommy g

I think these days there is no getting around needing a good tune. My last four tunes have been perfect and for me well worth the outlay.
09 FLSTC
85 FXEF

DrSpencer

Quote from: dirty jim on July 26, 2017, 05:44:15 AM
I have one (Fuel-Moto E-series) on my 2015 FXDL. I love it, real nice exhaust note, quite at idle, roars at WOT. According to Jamie Long at Fuel-Moto it will support 150 horsepower. Mine's just a stage 1, so I can't attest to that.

When installing, did you have to wrestle the pipe to get it to fit, or did it easily fall in place?

Do you have any clearance issues when using the oil dipstick? Do you know if a HD LED Digital dipstick (which is larger in diameter than stock) will fit when using this pipe?

Thanks

dirty jim

No issues at all putting it on, just the normal spread the header pipes to fit the exhaust flanges exercise. I just measured the clearance of my STOCK dip stick to the rear pipe, and at it's closest point there is a 1/4 inch gap. Hope this helps.

Templer

Do you have any clearance issues when using the oil dipstick? Do you know if a HD LED Digital dipstick (which is larger in diameter than stock) will fit when using this pipe?

Thanks
[/quote]
Ive reinstalled the OEMdip stick unit due to battery needs replacement x2 per year after 2 years it did NOT show correct level currently in bike (even after cleaning). Display went south due to heat in 1 corner.Nice CHROME PIECE but IMHO DON'T WASTE UR $$$$. They due have a nice covered unit. Check with your local dealership!!! ALL THINGS ARE IMHO as posted.

DrSpencer

Quote from: Templer on July 27, 2017, 06:52:24 AM

Thanks
Ive reinstalled the OEMdip stick unit due to battery needs replacement x2 per year after 2 years it did NOT show correct level currently in bike (even after cleaning). Display went south due to heat in 1 corner.Nice CHROME PIECE but IMHO DON'T WASTE UR $$$$. They due have a nice covered unit. Check with your local dealership!!! ALL THINGS ARE IMHO as posted.
[/quote]

I'm aware of the LED dipsticks limitations.

Do you know if it fits a Low Rider S when using a Fuel Moto pipe?

Thanks

Templer

I can not state that it fits due to I run a V&H Pro. It should be noted that IF the motor is hot, You will NEED TO BUT ON GLOVES or  BURN OINTMENT WHEN CHECKING!! Possibly  :emoGroan: what cooked the high $$$ gauge!

Jaycee1964

Bassani RR Long would be nice and not too loud till you stomp on it.  They also perform very well.
If you have to stop and think about if it is right or wrong, Assume it is wrong.