May 03, 2024, 02:38:47 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Sumping work scheduled.. Stage 3 to Stage 4 Maybe??

Started by PAHunter, July 14, 2017, 06:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAHunter

Stopped in at Dealer to discuss the plans for sumping, that is scheduled Aug. 1st. I already have a stage 3 and would like to up it to stage 4 .. Keeping my warranty in tack .. What's a fair price to look at this? I need heads, throttle body, cam, what am I missing? And can these parts be had separately? The bike will be torn down on HD's dime. Of course we need to know my engine is good, for it got hot real hot one time. 3k miles on bike.

rigidthumper

Have you had the bike over 60 days? Any legal kit installed by a dealer within 60 days of original purchase gets registered on the SWR ( warranty record of covered accessories), and that is what's used to determine custom coverage ( Up to 2 years unlimited milage on genuine accessories). Any pieces added after the 60 days don't get put on the SRW, so only carry a standard OTC parts warranty. I'd get clarification of coverage in writing to prevent future issues.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

HD/Wrench

Use all the HD parts is all I can say .. and that means ex system as well .. Just spoke with a guy last week that had a 117 failure and the dealer install the D&D pipe and they are not going to warranty the build . They are trying to make a deal with him but its not going to be free .  HD is not messing around install the kit with the EPA ex system the SE street tuner , then tune over the SE street map and call it good . Look at the one I tuned with cats in the mufflers. did very well . He swapped for the T man cam dealer did that for him .. Not sure how that will work out but the ex system seems to be the catch right now I am sure it will get worse .... I would have used the Se 498 cam in that 117 build myself they are working very nicely . good luck

http://www.harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php?topic=98443.0

PAHunter

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on July 18, 2017, 06:28:20 AM
Use all the HD parts is all I can say .. and that means ex system as well .. Just spoke with a guy last week that had a 117 failure and the dealer install the D&D pipe and they are not going to warranty the build . They are trying to make a deal with him but its not going to be free .  HD is not messing around install the kit with the EPA ex system the SE street tuner , then tune over the SE street map and call it good . Look at the one I tuned with cats in the mufflers. did very well . He swapped for the T man cam dealer did that for him .. Not sure how that will work out but the ex system seems to be the catch right now I am sure it will get worse .... I would have used the Se 498 cam in that 117 build myself they are working very nicely . good luck

http://www.harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php?topic=98443.0

I have Rinehart slip on only, they claim no issue w them in a claim. I'm torn w the idea of holding off until harsh weather to have them look at the sumping issue.. it appears to be rolling fine, for my short runnings arounds.

Heatwave3

Don't do it! Read SB1450. Follow these steps.

- Take your Stage 3 CVO Limited out on the highway.
- Ride 20 miles on the highway at normal highway speeds (70-75) away from your dealer.
- Turn around and ride back to the dealer.
- Park it near the Dealer Service entrance
- Let the dealer check the oil dipstick
- Let the dealer move the bike into the shop to pull the Crank Position Sensor to measure the oil in the crankcase.
- if its more than 3 ounces of oil that comes out, you have an engine issue.

My guess....you're gonna have MUCH more than 3 ounces.

JB2017CVO