May 03, 2024, 05:36:24 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

stealth tuner for M8?

Started by billbeemer, July 25, 2017, 01:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billbeemer

talked to Wes at Nightrider.com.............new af-xied coming in a month or so.  occurred to me an inexpensive way to tune M8 and not disturb the ECM.......ie: no footprint.  the thing connects between o2 sensors and ECM,  changes voltage(spoofs) to ECM to add gasoline.  the device is adjustable I think from 14.1 to 13.3 A/F ratio.  I've formerly used them on BMW's and Harley's and for $200 they do the trick.  another upside?  any warranty issue and just disconnect before going to the dealer.  will monitor announcement and post accordingly............... :baby:

PoorUB

Problem there is a narrow band sensor works in a vary narrow AFR range something like 14 through 15 to 1, get leaner or richer and the sensor does not work well.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

HD/Wrench

Sorry but you are not going to get any where near an accurate reading on a narrow band under 780 under that you are out of its range . You may get readings but we all know how in accurate the super tuner was trying to do the same thing with smart tune . Or should I say inaccurate .

that product has been around a long time , does something close to nothing in the large scheme of things

billbeemer

not sure I  understand.   narrow band 780?  what do you mean?.  I thought the IED took voltage reading from o2 sensor and interpreted the voltage to lean condition,  therefore calling for 5% or so more gas.  I know my mileage has decreased a bit when using an Xied on a Harley superglide and BMW boxer.  if you don't mind,  explain. 

HD/Wrench

explain what the operation of an 02 sensor ??  780 is a target AFR  the sensor is lambda it has a range voltage is a crude way to look at it . to say that the entire afr curve needs 5% ha ha that funny .  sorry but that Xied is a joke , or should I say the guy putting together a couple 30 cent items and charging hundred's on a band aid is the joker :hyst:

PoorUB

Simply put a narrow band O2 sensor has a very narrow operating range. By fooling the ECM by changing the signal from the O2 sensor you are expecting the O2 sensor to operate out of it's designed range. A narrow band will not operate properly at 13.5 to 1 so the information sent back to the ECM is junk. Google is your friend, tons of info out there.

billbeemer

help me here, I sincerely don't get it.  I thought the xied altered the voltage from o2 sensor to the  ecm.  effectively, if o2 voltage was saying mixture was correct,  the xied would report a lean voltage to the ecm.  it would then simply adjust the gasoline accordingly.  in effect,  richer.  the ecm doesn't care where the voltage comes from,  only adjusting fuel based on readings from o2 sensor.  what don't I get here?

PoorUB

The xied fools the ECM into dumping more fuel into the engine. The O2 sensor sees 13.5 to 1 but the xied converts the signal and tells the ECM the O2 sensor is seeing 14.7 to 1. The O2 sensor is running out of it's operating range.

Sunny Jim

Hossamania

Reminds me of the DFO of the past. A guy I know had one of those, thought it was the greatest. I said sure, or you know, a real tuner. He didn't seem to like me sometimes.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.