Adding speaker lowers to 17 RG standard

Started by DTTJGlide, July 29, 2017, 08:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTTJGlide

I know I need to have the radio flashed for the second set of speakers, I'm wondering if there is a plug on the stock harness or is the harness for a RGU different? I've looked & haven't found a connection on the rear of the bike. Otherwise are there wires coming from the head unit or pins that can be added to the plug to access the output for the second set of speakers? Looking for my easiest option. TIA

DTTJGlide

Nobody has added speakers to a 14 & later bike or knows how to tap into the harness to come up with a connection? :wtf:

rigidthumper

Wiring diagrams show a connector (162)  on the RGU that isnt there on a RGS- you'd have to hook J1/H1 to left rear speaker, and K1/K2 to right rear speaker.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

DTTJGlide

Quote from: rigidthumper on August 05, 2017, 09:33:04 AM
Wiring diagrams show a connector (162)  on the RGU that isnt there on a RGS- you'd have to hook J1/H1 to left rear speaker, and K1/K2 to right rear speaker.
Is J1/H1 & K1/K2 unused pins or pin points on the connector coming out radio or do you pick them up somewhere else. Thanks for the info, I was hoping to find someone who had done the mod, I hate wiring. :emoGroan: Thanks again.

rigidthumper

Connection points on the back of the radio.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?