What do I do to get better sound on a 2013 Ultra

Started by eglideic, August 13, 2017, 07:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eglideic

Quote from: UltraNutZ on August 21, 2017, 05:15:27 PM
Haha..  You trying to be an ass or am I'm reading too much into your statements?

ANY CVO MODEL WITH AUDIO FROM at least 2006 (maybe before) TO 2013.  Lowers and/or rear pods all use same grills.

I see the problem as if I go searching for these on Ebay, Craigslist, Swap Meets, or wherever, the seller may know his speaker grills came from a 20** CVO Super Glide or what have you, but unless the grills are stamped with the part number, he won't be able to tell me, yes, this grill is #76000065.
That is why I'm persistent in wanting to know what year and model bikes had these.
Again, if you just don't know, I'll try to find out elsewhere.

UltraNutZ

Never seen a super glide with audio, cvo or otherwise unless it was some aftermarket concoction.  TOURING BIKES ONLY HAVE HD STOCK AUDIO.

Feed a man a fish and he'll eat for a day.  Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Coyote

Quote from: eglideic on August 21, 2017, 05:48:28 PM
Quote from: UltraNutZ on August 21, 2017, 05:15:27 PM
Haha..  You trying to be an ass or am I'm reading too much into your statements?

ANY CVO MODEL WITH AUDIO FROM at least 2006 (maybe before) TO 2013.  Lowers and/or rear pods all use same grills.

I see the problem as if I go searching for these on Ebay, Craigslist, Swap Meets, or wherever, the seller may know his speaker grills came from a 20** CVO Super Glide or what have you, but unless the grills are stamped with the part number, he won't be able to tell me, yes, this grill is #76000065.
That is why I'm persistent in wanting to know what year and model bikes had these.
Again, if you just don't know, I'll try to find out elsewhere.

Wow...    :doh:   He's telling you that any bike with the HD radio (06-13) that had rear speaker pods (like an ultra) or front lower speaker pods (like ultras or street glides or road glides) that were CVO had these grills. On top of that you now have a picture.  I know the HD audio stuff pretty well and you're disbelieving the guy I call when I have a question.   :idunno:

eglideic

August 21, 2017, 06:37:38 PM #28 Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 06:47:51 PM by eglideic
Quote from: UltraNutZ on August 21, 2017, 05:56:35 PM
Never seen a super glide with audio, cvo or otherwise unless it was some aftermarket concoction.  TOURING BIKES ONLY HAVE HD STOCK AUDIO.

Feed a man a fish and he'll eat for a day.  Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

OK. I give up. I went to Ronnies Harley-Davidson Parts Finder. Entered 2013 CVO Ultra and did a "search by part number" and entered 76000065 and got zero results. Part unknown. It showed the rear speaker grill on a 2013 CVO Ultra to be 77050-10

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/ronnies/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=hdmc&a=941&b=68&c=0&d=2013 FLHTCUSE8 CVO ANN ULTRA CLASSIC ELECTRA GLIDE 103TM (PRM-ANV) SOUND SYSTEM

Here look at this one. Again no 76000065 at all.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/ronnies/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=hdmc&a=846&b=67&c=0&d=2011 FLTRUSE CVO Road GlideĀ® Ultra (TA) SOUND SYSTEM - 1

So if you don't know what models, just say "I don't know".  You certainly know more than me, but I don't need misinformation.
Thanks for helping me with everything else.

PoorUB

Quote from: Coyote on August 21, 2017, 05:58:16 PM
Wow...    :doh:   He's telling you that any bike with the HD radio (06-13) that had rear speaker pods (like an ultra) or front lower speaker pods (like ultras or street glides or road glides) that were CVO had these grills. On top of that you now have a picture.  I know the HD audio stuff pretty well and you're disbelieving the guy I call when I have a question.   :idunno:

Careful Coyote, you might be wasting his time. :potstir:
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

r0de_runr

Teach your son to ride, shoot and always speak the truth.

lilchief

I have the cvo grills on my lowers, covering BT Titan II speakers. I like the looks of em.

Lil Chief

eglideic

Quote from: UltraNutZ on August 20, 2017, 04:04:12 PM
Yes sir.  Perfectly means perfectly.  Most choose to use CVO grills with them but you may like the infinity grills.  Esp. since CVO grills are about $30 each.

Well my Infinity 62.11 speakers came today, and yessiree bob, you sure were right about these 6 1/2 inch speakers fitting "perfectly'.
Yes "perfectly", except for the shallow area of these 1999 to 2013 5 1/4" rear speaker pods not letting that big magnet all the way in. But they fit "perfectly" after I bought a set of 1/2" adapter rings to give the magnets room, and they fit especially "perfectly" after I re drilled all of the mounting holes because the original holes were too close together for these 6 1/2" speakers.
They did sound just fine. I just need to get an amp for the bike now.

UltraNutZ

you sir are most certainly the special exception or once again I have to ask; are you just being an ass?  Is there an agenda possibly?

I have personally installed literally more than a hundred pair of 62.11i and Polk MM651 in rear tour pak pods and have NEVER used any kind of spacer on either speaker and used either stock speaker grills on the polks (yes that can be done), cvo grills on either, or the infinity/polk grills as requested by the owners.

eglideic

Quote from: UltraNutZ on August 29, 2017, 05:11:57 PM
you sir are most certainly the special exception or once again I have to ask; are you just being an ass?  Is there an agenda possibly?

I have personally installed literally more than a hundred pair of 62.11i and Polk MM651 in rear tour pak pods and have NEVER used any kind of spacer on either speaker and used either stock speaker grills on the polks (yes that can be done), cvo grills on either, or the infinity/polk grills as requested by the owners.

They DID NOT FIT.  They were very, very, very close to fitting. The magnet made contact with the rear of the plastic pod in a small area. I could have pushed hard and really put some muscle to the screwdriver to suck it down, but it might pop the screw later or distort the shape of the pod. If a person was really talented, I think you could maybe heat up the plastic pod (but not catch it on fire) in the tight area and ssstttrrrreeeetttcccchhh the plastic just enough to not be in contact with the magnet, but I've never done anything like that before. The half inch ring assured that I had plenty of room. And of course the  screw holes didn't line up with the rubber well nuts, and I re drilled the holes.

UltraNutZ

92flhtcu

Maybe eglideic does not have factory rear speaker pods....

eglideic-Ultranutz is the absolute final word on anything HD audio, especially what fits and what does not

Just sayin, I've read through a ton of his audio posts and it appears he is always thanked for his help and solutions
Need a bigger garage

eglideic

Quote from: 92flhtcu on August 29, 2017, 07:43:32 PM
Maybe eglideic does not have factory rear speaker pods....

eglideic-Ultranutz is the absolute final word on anything HD audio, especially what fits and what does not

Just sayin, I've read through a ton of his audio posts and it appears he is always thanked for his help and solutions

a 100% stone stock 2013 Ultra with 10,000 miles.
And I did thank him for his help.
Maybe I'm more picky than him. I just didn't like that I would have to press hard on the speaker to seat it in the pod so the it made contact all the way around the back of the mounting ring. It just didn't fit, so I chose to use a 1/2" spacer ring so it would drop right into place.