April 26, 2024, 01:29:15 PM

News:

harley air vs premium shocks

Started by roadkingdresser, March 04, 2019, 01:15:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossamania

The guy that owns the independent shop that I use says they are the best shocks he has ever used, and he's tried them all, so at least I have some confirmation that they may be worth it. My wife absolutely hates the stock shocks on it now, over a three day trip she was miserable for two and a half.
If $900 shocks solve that, money well spent.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

1workinman

Quote from: Hossamania on March 31, 2019, 05:41:41 PM
The guy that owns the independent shop that I use says they are the best shocks he has ever used, and he's tried them all, so at least I have some confirmation that they may be worth it. My wife absolutely hates the stock shocks on it now, over a three day trip she was miserable for two and a half.
Well I don't know much about keeping a wife happy lol but if that what it takes then good enough

roadkingdresser

Got to try the premiums out today-200 mi. ride didn't impress me at all.
roadkingdresser

sfmichael

Quote from: Hossamania on March 31, 2019, 05:41:41 PM

I suppose like all things, they have different grades? I looked online and J&P is showing them for $725 and Amazon shows them for $925

If I remember correctly Calif Phil said the Revos are the way to go, but my memory sucks.

Maybe he will chime in here.

Are they 12 or 13 inch?
Colorado Springs, CO.

roadkingdresser

They are 13". Had the12" air on it,set my seat out and had it cut down on the sides. Was really impressed that i could actually flat foot the bike for a change.Installed the premiums and that went out the window. I'm goin to ride it some more, first ride of the season. So maybe i need to get re -seasoned.
roadkingdresser

calif phil

I just installed some 12" REVO's on a '16 FLHX  He called and said the ride was so much better, go ahead an order a set of 13" for my limited.   
These were the no rebound adjustable REVO's which retail for $725   The REVO A retails for $925

Jim Bronson

Quote from: calif phil on April 16, 2019, 06:53:17 AM
I just installed some 12" REVO's on a '16 FLHX  He called and said the ride was so much better, go ahead an order a set of 13" for my limited.   
These were the no rebound adjustable REVO's which retail for $725   The REVO A retails for $925
Most shocks have adjustable sag and selectable spring rates, so is it the adjustable rebound feature that makes them superior?
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

calif phil

You are correct.  The REVO -A has a 6 position rebound dampening adjustment. 

guydoc77

Quote from: Durwood on March 26, 2019, 04:54:14 PM
Quote from: 86fxwg on March 26, 2019, 03:07:16 PM
Im not sure why anyone would say the ride is different from the 12 to 13 " premium  shocks.

My bike came with 12" and it rode like a log wagon compared to the 13". Both premium.

My experience as well. And this is the very reason that the Street Glides mentioned didn't ride well. There is a definite difference in the 12" vs the 13".