April 26, 2024, 10:15:03 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New engine design

Started by Reddog74usa, April 05, 2019, 07:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoorUB

Quote from: Maddo Snr on April 10, 2019, 03:00:24 AM
Quote from: PoorUB on April 09, 2019, 11:37:57 AM
Harley has never been inovative. Always a few years behind technology wise...

That's a bit hard on the MoCo UB, from working on basically every brand, I rate the MoCo #1 for its electrical and systems tech. Manuals and documentation also #1. The Rushmore chassis angles are way better than any other tourer, so sweet they make the terrible suspension look passable. I did a nice 350 mile loop on my FLHX today, it's a lovely bike.

I can live with the under powered V-twin, cams, exhaust and a tune wake it up to usable, but the suspension is simply terrible. I have a 2016 Limited and although it handles great for a big pig, the suspension is laughable. There is no reason HD can not tweek a bit more travel out of either end, heck I would be haply with another inch in the back. I never understood in 2009 they didn't go monoshock on the baggers. always so close, but just a bit behind.

As far as electronics, Sure they do alright there, but then fall far behind on the drivetrain.

Manuals and documentation? That don't get me down the road in comfort.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!